HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   FOBS (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/221506-fobs.html)

MNJoe27 12-07-2007 07:51 PM

FOBS

I am curious as to who uses FOBS and what do you think of them if you have/do use them? I am curious, as they seem to be something worth trying.
Thanks ahead of time.

Tuco 12-07-2007 09:10 PM

RE: FOBS

I started using them this year and I like them. I was using blazers before and I liked them also. Just wanted to try them and I like the idea of no more fletching. My brother also uses them and he was using blazers before and could not get his montecs to group , but he can with the FOBs'.

freakysneeky 12-07-2007 09:24 PM

I use FOB's,they are awesome.really tightened my groups up on the range and I had a successful hunting season with them this year as well.
I'll be using them next season as well!!!

sparky357 12-08-2007 11:55 AM

Ok I am a newby and want to know what are FOBS?????? Thanks

MNJoe27 12-08-2007 03:26 PM

www.starrflight.com

116Buck 12-08-2007 04:15 PM

I tried them with my QAD rest and I had contact. I do not with my 2" blazers. So the FOB's are just sitting there. I also shoot G5's and they shoot great with the blazers. Just thought I'd try the FOB's

PaBowhunter29 12-08-2007 06:12 PM

if there just sitting theregetting dusty send'em my way :D

ORIGINAL: 116Buck

I tried them with my QAD rest and I had contact. I do not with my 2" blazers. So the FOB's are just sitting there. I also shoot G5's and they shoot great with the blazers. Just thought I'd try the FOB's

sbooy42 12-10-2007 10:56 AM

I never thought I'd switch from blazers until I tried FOBs..they work great..3 kills this year with them worked flawless...

and customer service is top notch

Bowtech Dave 12-10-2007 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: 116Buck

116Buck,

Did you contact Paul at Starrflight and ask him about the contact. If not here is how you setup the QAD rest for use with the FOBs. The most common problem people have when setting their bows up to use a FOB fletched arrow is contact with the rest as it does not fall fast enough. The following is a setup guide for the QAD. If you still want to give them a try and get your setup working properly I am convinced you will see a noticable improvement in arrow flight, especailly when it comes to shooting broadheads.

This was taken from another forum: Paul at Starrflight explains how to set up the QAD.

QAD REST

The QAD can be tricky to set up (but works great with FOBs!). Using the TL1 forks with the short forks (reduced V) instead of the long forks for maximum drop is recommended. I would like to see you have about 3/16 or more clearance at the rest using the tester FOB. As a general rule, less is more with the QAD rest. You want to have the least amount of tension on the cord at full draw and the cord should be tied about 4-5 inches below the riser shelf (when not drawn back) or about level with the bottom of the grip/handle. This will ensure a quick drop. If you make any adjustments to your rest, shoot a fletch or bare shaft arrow a few times first to make sure all is working before you use the FOB. We have had great results with your rest.
I talked to QAD a few days ago and they concur with the above. In addition, they suggested to make sure the rest is coming to the full up position (fork at 90 degrees) when the bow is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches from full draw. This is VERY important! If you have the rest coming up to late, a small amount of “creep” may keep the fork from going down. (wow is that a bad thing with FOBs!).

IF you have any futher questions please don't hesitate to ask. So far we have found that with a little work we can get the FOBs to work with most every dropaway.

BTW, here is a link to his post with pictures. Hope this helps! http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=565117&highlight=fobs

Good luck,
Dave