HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   The MeanV string suppressor (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/221442-meanv-string-suppressor.html)

chaseNsplittoes 12-07-2007 11:38 AM

The MeanV string suppressor

I was wanting to do some upgrading on my current bow and thought about getting a MeanV for it. How good are these things? Will it make a difference on my Patriot?

MeanV2 12-07-2007 02:31 PM

RE: The MeanV string suppressor

Somebody should give you an answer. I've made a couple for some guys on here;)

Honestly I think a String Suppressor is a great addition to a bow regardless of who's suppressor you buy. Simply put, they Work!:D

Dan

chaseNsplittoes 12-07-2007 02:40 PM

Hey thanks.

Greg / MO 12-07-2007 06:40 PM

It'll definitely make a difference, and I'll never own another bow without putting a MeanV on it unless it's the new Bowtechs that come with the Shortstops... Even then, I'm debating about putting one of Dan's suppressors on... they work that well! :)

HammytheHunter 12-07-2007 09:30 PM

Like Dan said... you won't be disappointed whether you get one from him or another style/brand. I have a MEanV suppressor and it is top notch in performance and quality. Not to mention the fact that he camo dips the STS so that it matches the bow. My Hardwoods HD STS looks sweet on the Guardian.

HNI_Christine 12-07-2007 09:55 PM

Okay, humor me here.
What does a string suppressor do besides stop the string? I know it quiets the bow down, but does it do anything else? I obviously don't follow the latest techy stuff. I spend all summer shooting a really old Oneida and a browning recurve, and up until I got the Bowtech in '06 I was shooting an XI demon for deer hunting....my bowtech seems pretty darn quiet compared to the Oneida. (then again, not much can out twang the oneidas) :)

Would it really look that tacky to buy the black one? I don't even know what pattern is on my bowtech. It's mostly brown with rusty bolts and splats of blood. (and you think that's bad, you should see the oneida [:o])

Thanks.

chaseNsplittoes 12-07-2007 10:54 PM

Hey thanks guys. I'm getting one.

Greg / MO 12-08-2007 05:36 PM

Christine,

I think the biggest benefit most would agree a string suppressor offers first and foremost is noise suppression. It changes the pitch of the bow's shot from a "twang" to a dull thud.

Other benefits include being able to pick up a couple fps, usually. This is accomplished a couple ways: One, the shooter can usually remove any leeches or Hush Kit items on their bow string, which affords a gain. Two, some people have stated an increased gain in speed because the suppressor stops the string at brace, offering a "cleaner" release of the nock. Those who argue this state that the string will actually "pull" at the nock almost imperceptibly as the string goes past brace and the arrow attempts to free itself of the string.

Of course, yet one more benefit is not having to worry with "arm slap" as much, both on low-brace height bows, and in colder temps when the shooter is bundled up more.

Hope that helps! And hope to see you in a couple months at the Illinois Deer & Turkey Expo again! :)

MeanV2 12-09-2007 12:16 PM

Here's a pic of one in HD Hardwoods on an Equalizer;)

Dan

swampyankee 12-10-2007 03:11 PM

now you want it to just barly touch the string? or bring it in firmly against the string?