Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Looking for new bow, (Bowtech, Mathews or Hoyt) >

Looking for new bow, (Bowtech, Mathews or Hoyt)

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for new bow, (Bowtech, Mathews or Hoyt)

Old 12-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking for new bow, (Bowtech, Mathews or Hoyt)

If you are looking for speed try an Airborne 82. You Really Can't beat itAs far as pure pleasure of shooting, low noise levels, low handshock, and super forgiveness the Guardian and General are in a class alone.

I've watched more than one jaw hit the ground after watching someone shoot my General or Guardian

Dan
Old 12-09-2007, 10:45 PM

I'm a fan of the Marquis. The Black Ice is a nice bow too. Haven't shot the Guradian or Airborne 82 yet. I love how fast my Marquis shoots, not to mention how quiet and smooth it is. All I can say is shoot as many different one's as you can and find the one that feels best to you.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:28 AM

Bowtech all the way man, i love mine (tribute)
Old 12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

I've always been a Matthews man. I to had a MQ line bow, MQ32 and loved it. I wanted to update. I have shot the new Matthews, hoyts and bowtech bows. Then I went to a shop that had a Ross Cardiac. It in my opinion is in the same line as the top Matthews bows, it is EXTREMElY smooth, drawing back 65 pounds feels like 55 and the draw cycle is really smooth as well with a nice solid wall at the back of it. It has the best of both worlds if you ask me because it is also fast 320fps. I have mine at 70lbs right now and am shooting lazers! and if feels like Im pulling back 60lbs. Im not saying this bow is better than the vectrix or the new Matthews DXT (My father has one). But you can save a little money and you have a bow that is just as nice and looks very very sharp.

Don't limit yourself to the big three
Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

A guy I was shooting next to was using Cardiac and mentioned that he had a vetrix before this bow. He said the reason he switch was just what you mentioned. 70 lbs on the cardiac was easier then 70 on the vetrix. I whish I could have found a Ross dealer to try them.

I tell everyone to try them because I didn’t get to and wish that I did.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Spike

Try the Bowtech General! Ihave one and i love it.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

Make sure that you shoot everything to see what you like the best
Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 PM

i just bought a mission x3 its made by mathews. i got it fully set up for 395.00 tax included. for the price it is unbeatable. there also coming out with a journey that looks pretty nice but its closer to 600.00.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:25 PM

I shot the Allegiance, Guardian, Drenalin and Synergy (which no one has mentioned). I bought the Synergy. It drew like the Allegiance, which was my second choice, didn't have the buzz in the handle after the shot, was faster and about $100 cheaper. Used it in Illinois this year with good success and all in allhaven't questioned my decision. Very good quality bow.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I have been shooting Bowtech, but now keeping my eyes on the Fire and GTO. Go shoot their line to see if you like it.

http://www.elitearchery.com/

Quick Reply: Looking for new bow, (Bowtech, Mathews or Hoyt)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.