Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Scentblocker Dream Season >

Scentblocker Dream Season

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Scentblocker Dream Season

Old 12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Spike

Default Scentblocker Dream Season

I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Dream Season fleece jacket and pants, I just got home from Dicks and ended up paying $150.00 total for both, I don't think I could of went wrong. Anyhow, because I never thought I would pay the asking price for that stuff I didn't really do any research on it, is it good stuff? Waterproof? Windproof? Good for what kind of weather? It's kind of thin is it good for cold weather if you layer underneath?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scentblocker Dream Season

the stuff works if you have the whole kit from boots to glove to face mask to hat, sprayed down and every scent control procaution taken. if just the pants and jacket it will help out but not to the full extend it could. imo
Old 12-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Dream Season fleece jacket and pants. I have wore them Bear hunting several times. They have worked as advertised. Easy to keep warm in cooler temps by layering. I used the Scent Blocker 3D Real Leaf suit this year early season and it worked great also. They make quality clothes that have a lot of nice features, and they also are part of my strict Scent control regimen. In the later season I use my Predator Jacket and Bibs with Scent Blocker Underguard as one of my layers

Dan
Old 12-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Spike

Thank-you very much for your input I do appreciate it, being new to bowhunting can be very overwhelming with all the options out there. But I'm getting there slowly but surely without putting my family in the poor house. I have learned more from this web site than probably anywhere else, it seems that there are alot ofknowledgable people on here, maybe some are bit strong in their opinions but sometimes thats not all bad.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I think it's cute when bow hunters spend hours ridding themselves of scent and spent hundreds on scent free clothing and sprays. Fact of the matter is, a deers nose is approximately10,000 times more sensitive than a humans nose. A deer cantake a wiff of air andindentify 6 different comingledodorsat the exact same time. That's not an exaggeration either.No matter what you do, the deerWILL smell you if you're down wind of him and your scent trail reaches his nose. Most of the time, they smell you and avoid you and you won't even know it--except of coursefor those pesky adult does, thier motherly instict drives them to identify you and warn other deer, thus, the snorting beginsbut a dominant buck will slip away without a sound. If a deer comesdown wind of you and does not smell you, it simply means that the wind thermals were takingyour scent over his head, happens in the woods all the time and is a combination of land topography/land contoursand temperature, i.e., airthermals. If hunters puts as much effort into stand location taking the wind direction into account as they doscent elimination, they would be far more successful IMHO of course...
Old 12-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

I agree doplar, but I also include scent regimen in my pre season and hunting because of your scent trail. Wind I cnauseto myadvantage, butIf I am walkingthrough the woods in gassy boots that smell like pork chops, then i am porbably notgoing to see anything. A deers nose, like that of a dogs, breaks scent down into a liquid to be analyzed, in this way they can tell howlong ago something happened and which way it was traveling justby sniffing a leaf. Now If I can make my scent smell 5 hours older or more just with some basic steps, your darn skippy I am going to do it. I ALWAYS use the wind my advantage, but have never seen more deer than I do currently withjusta small bump in my scent elimination. I dont use any fance clothes, but I do use rubber boots, scent free washes, and my stuff has a tendencey to be sealed in bags. I use cover scents not so much to cover my own scent, but to put a more prominant scent out there that is recognizable to deer.Its like using goose decoys in duck spreads as confidence decoys. i dont generally like store bought covers though, much prefer natural ones.
I thoroughly believe that more hunterswouldbemore productive with both proper stand placement and scent awarness in mind.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with you Live2Draw, the trip into the woods leaves a scent trail. If possible, I try and approach my stand downwind and I do wear rubber boots but I don't buy scent lock clothing. Ithink we'll agree to disagree on the rest (respectfully of course). I think that whatever builds confidencegives the hunter anedge, whether it's areal advantageor not as confidence makes you pay more attention, sit quieter and hunt longer, all of which improve sucess rates. I do; however, like the idea of having confidence decoys, seems like a lot of things to carry to your stand but the concept sounds very intriging? Do you leave them outfor the entire hunting season or set them up each hunt? I likeit whenlive turkeysare within 60-100 yards ofmy stand for the same reason as I imagine thatit puts the deer moreat ease, perhapsthey know how keen the turkeyseyes are whichbolsters the deers only shortcoming being it's owneye sight.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, turky decoys would work great and pack well, But I use freshly collected fox urine, or fresh deer urine, (or interdigital if you can findit)whichever i happen to have. Racoon would work to I would Imagine. Deer have such a keen sense of smell, that familiar smells I have noticed, tend to put them right at ease. I tested it on a big doe last year. It was right around mid november, which around here is crazy time for bucks. and she had been very jittery every time she walked through. My dad is a biologist of sorts and suggested using some fresh young do pee (non estrus) and putting some interdigital out. as soon as she hit my ID boot trail, you could see her relax. we spent about 30 min together that evening. the first time she hadnt been to jumpy to just hang out. I only hunted that stand in really specific weather, so it was pretty neat watching her reaction. I let herwalk out of appreciation and she seemed very content to stand and eat leftover acorns
Old 12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deer here in Farm country have to learn to deal with a certain amount of human scent (high country/remote country deer are different I'm sure) My goals are to not totally eliminate my scent but to dilute it to where the deer do not realize how close you are. While you may not eliminate all your scent. I believe diluting it like I do works just as well in most cases. The number of times I had deer down wind of me this season in a rattling/calling set that failed to be alerted to me by my scent was pretty amazing. I think I'll keep doing what I'm doingIf anyone thinks it doesn't work then that's your opinion

Dan
Old 12-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Spike

That's great I made you chuckle Dopler but when you have nothing (meaning camo) and you need something, and you walk into a store where all of theNO SCENTclothingis on a major sale it doesn't take alot of time nor didit costan insane amount of money. End result, now I have camo, so if I mix that scentblocker camo that you don't agree with andall your wonderfull advise and opinions onhunting strategies that should give me that more of an edge, don't you think?

Quick Reply: Scentblocker Dream Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.