Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BowTech Airborne

Old 12-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BowTech Airborne

Often times Ifind that when people think the draw is harsh they:

A.)Are drawing a bow that has too long of draw length for them.

B.) Don't know about or understand the draw force curve characteristics of a Binary Cam System bow. So many people are used the either single, hybrid or duals.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Ok, So here it is. I was at the shop early this morning to try thr airborne, (probably a mistake) I got it set up with a peep, sight ,rest , and not much else. I basically wanted to see how it felt to draw,We put it on a scale and it drew65#s. Not bad at allWhat was interesting was it was at full weight by 14" or so then dropped off rapidly at the end where it was no problem to hold. So I sot it a few times not totally set up for me(bigger mistake)I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet and shock free it was. Ok I said , lets set it all the way up.We added a kisser, string loop, adjusted a couple of things and off I went for about an hour.(really bad idea). I really couldnt find much to complain about. I shot it for about an hour,my shoulders were not sore at the end and the grip felt good to me and the sudden drop at the end didnt bother me at all. I actually think that it helped me out in the respect in that I concentrated alot more on making sure i didnt creep at all.Accuracy was not an issue and as a matter of fact I was ripping the fletchings offf of all the arrows within the first couple groups. Workmanship was spot on as far as I could see and it was a eye opening experience as far as speed goes. We didnt chrono it but it seemed to spitting them out pretty darn fast. Oh did I mention that I was looking for a 3-D machine, I wanted a good fast bow,I have been saving for a while(good thing) and its Christmas time.All I can say is Merry Christmas to me. I think it came with the speed mods and I may try the smooth mods in the fururebut for now I will just shoot and enjoy it. Good job Bowtech
Old 12-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

BluewaterHunter, Did you shoot the 82 or the 101? I hope to shoot a 101 tomorrow

Dan
Old 12-21-2007, 07:25 PM

It was the 101. They had the 82 but I couldnt fit in that one.Booo. They are both nice though
Old 12-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a 101 yesterday at 63 lbs 29" draw. 310 fps 290 with hunting set up.....damn......
Old 12-22-2007, 07:30 AM

Darn thats fast. I should of put it through a chrono to see what it was at 31.5 and 65 lbs. What did you think of the draw cycle? Just curious. I found it to be very manageable.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

It was way smoother than I expected. It deff did not feel like 70 lbs (PSE x) Not quite as easy as a general, but the same speed 10 lbs less pull. I would be hard pressed to say it is more than 80% efficiant. I was really impressed. It was set up very well too. the shop owners takehome.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just got back from my local shop, shooting a new Bowtech Airborne 101. The draw was a little long for me, but still the bow was very manageable. Anyone that thinks the draw is harsh I am really not sure what they are feeling. I know that once I get mine set at my draw length and get the valley adjusted it is going to be sweet. The new invelvet finish is very nice and has a great feel and look to it. It draws very nicely, is really quiet, as well as very shock free upon the shot. This only makes me that much more anxious to get the one I have ordered in Mossy Oak Brush. In a word this bow is Sweet! Sweet!! Sweet!!
Is that one word or3[&:]
[/align]CAUTION:
Don't make a judgement on this bow until you at least draw it and shoot it set at your draw length. This isone very smooth drawing/shooting bow at any speed much less at the speeds this bow is capable of producing

Dan[/align]
Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 PM

MeanV2,

Are there many quivers and stabilizers that come in Brush? I am thinking of the same pattern but not sure who offers it...

Don
Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ar4000

MeanV2,

Are there many quivers and stabilizers that come in Brush? I am thinking of the same pattern but not sure who offers it...

Don
Bowtech is offering access. in that color. I just get what I want and have it dipped

Dan

Quick Reply: BowTech Airborne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.