Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 A tale of four bows….. >

A tale of four bows…..

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

A tale of four bows…..

Old 11-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A tale of four bows…..

Frank thanks for the report
Old 11-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that was the best report on the new stuf I have read anywhere on the net. I have come to realize that no magazine will ever give you honest evaluations so this was a breath of fresh air. Thanks, by the way when are you gonna do this again for the airbornes?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Phil,

I am never going to live that down, am I?

Thanks for the comments guys. If I could afford it I would love to do a dual review of both of the Airborne models. I may be able to swing one or the other but not both. I am leaning towards the 101st truth be told.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just bumpin' it up and over for you folks that do not frequent the technical forum.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was at Cabelas tonight, and looked at/drew the Marquis. It seemed like a pretty nice bow. The draw seemed smooth to me, nice valley. The bow also seemed light, and well balanced. I would actually prefer the added length compared to the Black Ice, but that is just me. I also thought the cable guard/stopper looked good, not junky like some have said. One of the guys working there said he had shot it, but preferred the Black Ice that he bought last year.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, it is going to be a tough decision Jeff for those comparing the Black Ice with the Marquis. The Marquis better controls vibration and noise levels than the Black Ice but the Black Ice is noticeably lighter and more compact. I could go either way with these two.

However, the Black Ice is still the bow I pick up out of the four of them when I am heading out for hunting. That could change though the more I shoot the General. I need to pick up a set of the speed mods just to see how they feel on the General.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been told by several people that the speed mods are the cat's meow on the The General... I won't be able to say yet, as it's the one bow I'm not getting in early. Patiently (or maybe not-so-patiently ) waiting on both my Airbornes to get here.

I can tell you that as much as Frank likes the Black Ice, I like that Marquis: just goes to show you how different bows fit different people. She's made every trip to the woods with me for the last month straight.

And if I didn't get a chance to tell you yet, Frank... nice job on the post. I've been going ninety-to-nothing with trying to squeeze every minute of time around work I've got with hunting, while not trying to neglect my family! Tough order!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice review indeed....thanks!!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad you guys enjoy it. I always have fun writing them.

...and I guess I am going to have to tote that Marquis out on one of my next excursions. The Black Ice has tomorrow written all over it but hopefully one day next week......
Old 12-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

I didn't get to read this until now (12/23) every spare moment in November finds me in a tree... Great review! I appreciate all of the effort you put into it.

I shot a few 08 bows side by side the other day that included the General and the Marquis. All good bows in their own right. I shot the General with the smooth mods. It was great to pull and shoot but it was noticeably slower (no chrono) than the other bows. I'm not sure I could live with that for my trips out west. I thought the Marquis was good but probably not worth getting rid of my old Ally.

Again, great job Frank!!!

Quick Reply: A tale of four bows…..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.