Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2 or 3 blade rage?

Old 11-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Default 2 or 3 blade rage?

I'm thinking about giving rage a shot. For the last 2 years I've been using slick tricks with great luck. 5 deer were accounted for with the slicks and some really good blood trails. I just really want to see how these rage compare. Should I try the 3 blade or just go with the popular 2 blade I've been hearing great things about. Thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2 or 3 blade rage?

I just bought the 2 blades about a week ago and shot a deer this week. High quartaring away double lung and there was a ton of blood. Great pass through, as it came out right under the back shoulder. I do think that there would have been even more blood with the three though. I will post pics of the entry/exit wounds as soon as I upload them. They do fly great though! I shoot about a 4 in. group at 50 yards with the practice points!! So I would say on deer sized game, both will do great. It is all about shot placement. anything will kill a deer with the perfect shot. i would go with the three though. I think that that third blade should really open up a better, less clotable wound. so give it a shot.
Phil

Old 11-18-2007, 07:24 PM

I've personally seen the damage caused by both, and I can assure you that either one will be swell.

The 3 blade is "only" 1 1/2 inches, so if you want the maximum cutting diameter go with the 2" 2 blade.

At this point though, it may be a matter of availability. They are pretty difficult to find right now.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
Old 11-19-2007, 07:07 PM

bucksnort- stick with the "Tricks"... I too have been shooting them for three seasons now and cannot express enough satisfaction about their performance. Why leave them to try a "fad" broadhead that has alot of debate right now as to it's efficacy? The Ragehas manynon supporters becuase of it's failure to success rate. Is it worth losing a super buck to a failed head???
Good luck and keep "Trickin' 'Em"
Old 11-20-2007, 06:52 AM

I'm not a fan of mechanical broadhead but i gave the rage 2 a chance this years and by no means i'm i sorry.The damage was very impressive needless to say i'm sold on them.But i alway carry a fix head in the quiver for the tight brush i hunt.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never tried the 2 blade, but I have shot the 3 blade and it flys PERFECT!!! The extra blade (3) will give you a larger hole and cause more damage to the deer!! I suggest going with the three!!