Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

comfortable tree stand

Old 02-28-2003, 08:12 PM
Spike

Default RE: comfortable tree stand

Love my Viper !!!! There is not a stand on the market I would trade it for except for the Goliath. My only gripe is its so dang hard to stay awake in it !!!

Summits Rock !!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 08:04 AM

Sumit is the best I believe. API is great as well ( I heard they filed chapter 11??) BUT...If your a cheapskate like me... I got the Cabela' s " SS Lounger" and for $89 it' s the most comfortable thing out there. I would only look into this with certain criteria though.

1. Your going to put it up and leave it up. It' s big, bulky and kinda heavy and your not gonna want to drag it around every day.
2. Your comfortable taking a sitting down shot. It is a LOUNGER! not the easiest to stand from a sitting position from. I' m not in great shape and I haven' t had a problem, but if your not 100% mobile I can see where ther would be better choices.
3. You don' t have problem STAYING AWAKE on stand! The biggest downfall for me with this stand is that it' s so comfortable...I' m asleep in minutes if the action is slow.
Just another option.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:35 AM

I have had nothing but great luck using summit stands. They have several great models, well worth checking them out!
Old 03-01-2003, 01:15 PM

I like my Bigshot. Lots of room. Can either face the tree or back to the tree. Easy to climb with, very comfortable and rock solid when locked on to the tree. I like the bar around the stand. Really makes you feel secure. I' ve used Summit and they are comfortable but I think they are harder to climb with.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:14 PM

I' ve been bow hunting for 27 years and have owned countless treestands. Of all the stands I' ve owned, store bought or homemade, the Summit Viper is hands down the best. Very comfortable and sturdy on the tree. Gives you all the confidence in the world when your swirling around the tree to get that shot off. I love being mobile in the woods so a good climber is essential. Summit Viper is the right tool for the job.[8D]
Old 03-09-2003, 05:16 AM

YOU CAN NOT BEATA TREELOUNGE TO HUNT OUT OF ...........HANDS DOWN
Old 03-11-2003, 10:59 AM

Most comfortable, tree lounge with bow hunter adapter, downside you are away from tree when standing on platform. also you might miss deer cause you feel alsleep in it. Next most comfortable, Summit Viper. I like them as I am closer to tree when standing. they don' t sleep as good as the lounge, but that might be a plus.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:30 PM

Summit cobra xls 16 - 18 lbs wont hurt you back carring it in, most comfortable tree stand ...those commecials aren' t far off you will almost fall asleep in one its that nice....
Old 03-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Spike

Get a Summit. Your back will be glad you did. I am a big guy with back problems. I purchased a Summit Cobra XLS and love it! I had been using an ' Ol Man Grand Vision but no more.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:19 PM

SUMMIT GOLIATH

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Quick Reply: comfortable tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.