Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

broadheads

Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 PM

Default broadheads

hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion about what broadheads to get.
any brands or type of broadheads to stay away form??
Old 11-14-2007, 03:53 PM

Default RE: broadheads

Lots of good ones out there. Among the fixed heads - the Muzzy, Slicktrick, Montec, Hellrazor, and Magnus Stinger all seem to work well. The only two expandables I have personally used are the NAP Spitfire and the Rage. Had generally good luck with the Spitfire, although one caught at weed once one its way to a turkey and got turned a little sideways. The Rage 2 blade, with limited experience this season, are looking very promising for deer. And one of my buddies and his wife (these two should be on Dream Season) both use the Rocket Wolverines out of their Bowtechs with excellent results.

Might I suggest you go through the archives on this site. There is a wealth of information on the subject.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 PM

thanks i'll try that

Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM

i love rage, they have ben vary good to me...shot right through a rib cage bone on my last back and made a blood trail that i could fallow from sitting inmy stand...im still on my first rage i've shot 3 deer with the same broadhead
Old 11-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on your setup's kinetic energy,I like rocket aeroheads hammerhead and rage 3 blade,and razorcaps for fixed blade cut-on-contact.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

G5 strykers, like shooting scalpels.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

NAP Spitfire...
Old 11-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Slick Tricks are the Best replaceable blade broadhead I have used in 40 years of Bowhunting. Others on top of my list would be.
1. G5 Striker
2. NAP, they have always made a quality head
3. Spitfire XP's if expandables are your thing
4. Muzzy's
I prefer 4 blade heads because the more you cut the better

Dan
Old 11-18-2007, 03:19 PM

I agree with Dan-MeanV2. Slick Tricks are the best fixed blade out there.
Please do the deer a favor and do not shoot mechanicals unless you follow these tips:
Your bow is set for at least a 65lb draw and you practice alot and can place an arrow perfectly out to 25yds.
These Rage and other mechanicals lose far too many deer due to poor penetration unless there is sufficient kinetic energy to drive the mechanical deep. In my honest opinion, if it were up to me, mechanicals would be outlawed period!
Shoot a fixed blade that has a great reputation. Even if you draw only 50lbs, you'll pass through on most shots.
You and we owe that to these magnificent creatures we love so much. Deer should never be "lost" to the failure of mechanicals![:@]
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree mechanical broadheads are no good![:@]

Quick Reply: broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.