HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   shot the new Hoyt Katerra (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/216738-shot-new-hoyt-katerra.html)

matt068 11-08-2007 08:54 PM

shot the new Hoyt Katerra

I wasat my archery shop the other night having a little work done on the Trykon and saw he had a newkaterra in and set up. I had to shoot it. Maybe i shouldn't have, It is super smooth and and just felt great in my hands and set up with a 28 draw at 60 lbs was noticably faster than the trykon I shoot with a 27-1/2 draw. Hoyt revamped their whole line and looks pretty impressive cant wait to shoot the rest of the new crop of bows from the other manufacturers. tax refund = New BOW.

Chasebaker 11-08-2007 09:15 PM

RE: shot the new Hoyt Katerra

nice....but Hoyt is out of my League!

general327 11-08-2007 09:17 PM

Its more like they renamed their lineup, not much of a revamp. The Katera should be faster than your Trykon, but compare the Katera to the Vulcan that is replaced and what's the big change? I'm afraid Hoyt has been caught sitting on their butts this year. Their "new" lineup isn't anything special when you look at the things Bowtech, Martin, Pearson, and some of the other brands have put out this year. I'm not anti-Hoyt in the least but I think they are resting on their name alittle too much this year.

JoeyG 11-08-2007 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: general327

Its more like they renamed their lineup, not much of a revamp. The Katera should be faster than your Trykon, but compare the Katera to the Vulcan that is replaced and what's the big change? I'm afraid Hoyt has been caught sitting on their butts this year. Their "new" lineup isn't anything special when you look at the things Bowtech, Martin, Pearson, and some of the other brands have put out this year. I'm not anti-Hoyt in the least but I think they are resting on their name alittle too much this year.
I disagree. If they take an already outstanding bow, and make it lighter and faster what is there to complain about?
Do you really expect a new concept to come out every year?

popeandyoungchaser 11-09-2007 08:29 AM

Mattews didn't change anything either except weight and speed from what i hear, so are they sitting their butts down to rest on their namd too?

general327 11-09-2007 08:44 AM

With all the hype Hoyt put out for their new line this year it was a dissapointment. I could tinker with a Vulcan for 15 minutes and make it 5fps faster so whats the big deal. I'm not saying no changes were made but the ones that were didnt equal all the hype. As for Matthews, please they've been sitting on their butts for years. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted for that, but IMO Matthews is overhyped, overpriced garbage. Thats just my opinion so don't kill me on this all you Matthews fans. Shoot what you like.

300ultramagshooter 11-09-2007 09:33 AM

I ordered mine last week and it still hasn't got hear

YooperMike 11-09-2007 10:09 AM

Yeah, but with the Vulcan you still have the short brace height, the Katera is a more "shootable" version IMO. The cam is also new for the most part. They are definitely worth a look this year.

Mikey S. 11-09-2007 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: general327

With all the hype Hoyt put out for their new line this year it was a dissapointment. I could tinker with a Vulcan for 15 minutes and make it 5fps faster so whats the big deal. I'm not saying no changes were made but the ones that were didnt equal all the hype. As for Matthews, please they've been sitting on their butts for years. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted for that, but IMO Matthews is overhyped, overpriced garbage. Thats just my opinion so don't kill me on this all you Matthews fans. Shoot what you like.
What hype ?this is about the 50th time someone has mentioned all the HYPE Hoyt put out about their bows. WHAT HYPE ???

Yooper....the Katera has the same brace height as the Vulcan. Just a touch more speed with a smoother drawing and shooting Z3 cam. The new Cam 1/2 Plus is smoooooth, and has a better wall than the older version. But it doesn't draw and shoot itself, so everyone is disappointed this year!

hnt24.7 11-09-2007 09:47 PM

I know that i am going to be jack'd for what i am going to say. general327 Bowtech, Martin, Pearson why dont you just go ahead and name the junk bows oh i am sry you just did!!! This is not just someone saying one thing and someone eles saying one more thing it is fact that Hoyt and Matthews are the best bows out there if anything Bowtech has been sitting on there butts well since they came out Pearson dont not count as a bow Martin just looks good on the wall!!!!!!

and welcome to the site!!:D:D