Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 shoot like my field points..who cares? >

shoot like my field points..who cares?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

shoot like my field points..who cares?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 AM

Default shoot like my field points..who cares?

All
Hope your season is going well, just curious as to whyso manypeople are concerned with their broadheads grouping with their field points??? It seems to me you dont hunt with your field points so why be so concerned with field point grouping unless you want to save your archery target from some wear and tear. You read alot of postsabout this subject any thoughts?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shoot like my field points..who cares?

ORIGINAL: geogj

All
Hope your season is going well, just curious as to whyso manypeople are concerned with their broadheads grouping with their field points??? It seems to me you dont hunt with your field points so why be so concerned with field point grouping unless you want to save your archery target from some wear and tear. You read alot of postsabout this subject any thoughts?
Whenmy broadheads group withmy fieldpoints it indicates that I have my bow tuned the way I want it and that my setup (bow AND arrows) will be most forgiving under adverse circumstances.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

All
Because I like to shoot tuned equipment
Old 11-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Among other things there are those of us who like to shoot all the time without having to move our sights around. As mentioned, a bow is not properly tuned till both points hit the same place. A well tuned bow shoots more consistently (forgiving), faster, and more quietly.

Question. Do you ever practice during the hunting season? I have been shooting 50 arrows a day6 days a week, and I don't practice my form with broadheads.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
MNM

I agree, A well tuned hunter does not need a well tuned BOW
Old 11-06-2007, 10:27 AM

BG
So if your bow is properly tuned with your broadheads/field points why would have to move your sights around???
Old 11-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MNM

I agree, A well tuned hunter does not need a well tuned BOW
Your kidding right?

Thats like putting jeff gordan in a go kart and saying a well tuned driver doesn't need a well tuned race car

IMO if a hunter is not shooting well a tuned Bow, they aren't considered a well tuned hunter
Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 AM
MNM

Yes I am Kidding, Relax, Why not just practice with last years broadheads and call it a day.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

BG
So if your bow is properly tuned with your broadheads/field points why would have to move your sights around???
He is say that he doesn't need to move his sights around.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

BG
Once feildpoints & broadheads are all hit'n the same point of impact you will need to move your sights to that POI...After your re-sighted in to that POI then you can switch from BH to FP and not have to move your sight..

Quick Reply: shoot like my field points..who cares?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.