HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   What happened to Hoyt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/215785-what-happened-hoyt.html)

bigcountry 11-04-2007 04:54 AM

What happened to Hoyt?

I was considering a trykon before I got my commander. Have they fell completely off the radar screen?

popeandyoungchaser 11-04-2007 07:16 AM

RE: What happened to Hoyt?

I'm not sure what happened to them. I know they have their new bows out, have heard some people say they don't care for them. Said they feel just like last years bows. I have not had a chance to shoot them yet because i have not been home from school in like a month and a half. They also don't seem to be pushing them as much as years past.

Snood Slapper 11-04-2007 08:17 AM

I've seen on other boards that their new flagship bow for '08, the Katera, has a design flaw found by some that have already purchased, that they are trying to fix. Seen reports that the draw stop has the ability to slip through the split limbs and lock at full draw.:(

ol eagle eyes 11-04-2007 08:19 AM

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

I'm not sure what happened to them. I know they have their new bows out, have heard some people say they don't care for them. Said they feel just like last years bows.
Sorry no offense to you P&Y, but peoples need for some revolutionary new bow every year amazes me. My dad is still using an early 90's (or was it late 80's?) Pearson Spoiler. I bought a new one 3 years ago but only because my early 90's bow was a pretty low end unit. I suppose if you can get decent money for your old equipment though your not out so much... but does anyone even get 50% of what they paid back?

Mikey S. 11-04-2007 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I was considering a trykon before I got my commander. Have they fell completely off the radar screen?

The Vectrix is a nicer bow to shoot than the Trykon. The Trykon isn't available for 08 I belive. The new Katera XL is a sweet shooting bow also.Got to shoot them alast week at my dealer.

Snood - haven't heard any problems about the cams. got a link to that ? I'd like to read about it. You will miss the draw stop if the cams are leaning/out of time.

BrwnDwn 11-05-2007 10:46 AM

I was told that the Hoyt Vectix is nothing more than a Trykon with some extra bells and whistles.I had been looking at them for the last 2-3 years, but when the Vectrix came out I fell in love!I have shot 2 deer already with it, I used to shoot a BowTec Pro 38, My Cabelas club Visa pulled through for me though i will be enjoying this bow for a long time

BrwnDwn 11-05-2007 10:49 AM

Hey Ol Eagle eyes where abouts in Ohio

YooperMike 11-05-2007 11:30 AM

Well, you were told wrong, and if you shoot the two side by side, there are major differences in the two. You made a very good choice with the Vectrix over the Trykon IMO.

I've shot the new ones, they are pretty awesome again, love the rumors that start before they have even sold 100 bows. Every year it is the same thing with the newest bows "My friend's neighbor's neice's boyfriend bought a new ____ bow, and the limbs flew off, they are junk!"

ORIGINAL: BrwnDwn

I was told that the Hoyt Vectix is nothing more than a Trykon with some extra bells and whistles.I had been looking at them for the last 2-3 years, but when the Vectrix came out I fell in love!I have shot 2 deer already with it, I used to shoot a BowTec Pro 38, My Cabelas club Visa pulled through for me though i will be enjoying this bow for a long time

Mikey S. 11-05-2007 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Well, you were told wrong, and if you shoot the two side by side, there are major differences in the two. You made a very good choice with the Vectrix over the Trykon IMO.

I've shot the new ones, they are pretty awesome again, love the rumors that start before they have even sold 100 bows. Every year it is the same thing with the newest bows "My friend's neighbor's neice's boyfriend bought a new ____ bow, and the limbs flew off, they are junk!"

ORIGINAL: BrwnDwn

Yea, I've yet to hear anything bad them. Never heard anything bad about Hoyts at all come to think of it. The Vectrix is what I referred to as a "more refined" Trykon. Nicer cam, quieter, little quicker. Definitely a nicer bow, and the Katera is one step nicer.

SevenMag 11-05-2007 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

Said they feel just like last years bows.
***wonders what was so wrong with last years bows***

why is that such a bad thing???? lotsa folks that tried the vectrix really loved it... i shot a trykon last season while shopping and liked it better than the mathews drenalin (which so many are raving about)...