HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Whats a good tree stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/215023-whats-good-tree-stand.html)

wade7575 10-30-2007 02:53 PM

Whats a good tree stand

My friend want's to buy good tree stand.What would suggest.

rbeckman 10-30-2007 03:47 PM

RE: Whats a good tree stand

I have a summit viper, it's a climber and very comfortable, lightweight and the price was not too bad.

SIDEWAYS 10-30-2007 03:53 PM

Tell him to take a look at the Equalizer.

eversboys 10-30-2007 05:19 PM

LoneWolf Alpha hang on

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_95595_400007003_400000000_400007000_400-7-3

YJRR 10-30-2007 05:28 PM

my fav hang on so far has to be the Kong Lounger, BIG platform ( I wear a size 14 shoe so I need it) , small footrest, comfortable, pretty quiet and the best part is that its only $89.99 at walmart and it comes with everything you'd need minus a hoist rope

http://www.gorillatreestands.com/tre...er_xls_1.shtml

Kabby 10-31-2007 08:48 AM

Call me simple, redneck, or just playin weird. But i've killed most of my deer out of a couple 2*4's naild in the middle of some tree limbs. Any stand on the market will work, take a chance and make your own!

semostixx 11-01-2007 03:09 PM

For a hang on, I really like the Loggy Bayou stands. They have a nice comfortable seat for those long waits. For a climber, you just can't beat something in the summit line. Quick and easy attachment to the tree and solid when you get to the top. I have both a Viper and a Cobra. If you are looking for one to hunt both gun and bow season, I would give the thumbs up to the Viper.

MeanV2 11-01-2007 04:04 PM

I prefer hangons and I like my Gorilla stands. They have never let me down!;)

Dan

todd a smith 11-02-2007 12:16 AM

lone wolf hang on and buy 3 extra strapsss..like havein three extra stands...great hunting tool...
ive had the stand and steps for yrsssss...i love it

358WINMAN 11-04-2007 05:35 PM

Climber- Lone Wolf Sit and Climb... Light weight and climbs easy

Hang on- Gorilla... great stand for the money!

Gut Check 11-04-2007 10:06 PM

If you want a good stand, for a climber, buy a Summit, for a hang on, buy a Loggy Bayou Monarch. If you are looking for a great stand in a climber or hang on, buy a Lone Wolf...

wis_bow_huntr 11-05-2007 06:05 AM

Have him look at Gorilla treestands, they are lightweight most have 300 lb wieght limits and are easy to assemble not to mention the quietest stands I have ever used. I purched the Kong a couple monts ago and love it, I just bought Gorillas Field Edge Pod stand, new for this year, I think it was just released a couple weeks ago. 9 foot great swivel seat 39x39 platform padded gun rest and only wieghs 101lbs. Easy to assemble and move if needed.

freezermeat 11-05-2007 06:45 AM

Stay awayfrom the Gorilla climbers. The most uncomfortable stand I've used.

Canned Heat 11-05-2007 07:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Gut Check

If you want a good stand, for a climber, buy a Summit, for a hang on, buy a Loggy Bayou Monarch. If you are looking for a great stand in a climber or hang on, buy a Lone Wolf...
Ditto...

todd a smith 11-05-2007 12:33 PM

buy that and u setttt

swampyankee 11-05-2007 07:11 PM

what no love for the tree lounge ??

allegiance21 11-05-2007 08:23 PM

I have used a Rivers Edge hang on and ladder stand. I've also used an 'Ol Man climber. I wasn't content with any of them. Since I have bought a Summit Viper climbing stand I can sit in the tree in absolute comfort for the whole day. They're extremely easy to set up and take down in minutes. The way the cable attaches to the stand is the best method I've seen from any stand. The Lone Wolf cable attachment is nice too. But I don't like how small the stand is. I like the bigger seating area of the summit.

todd a smith 11-05-2007 10:20 PM

u might as well put a sofa in the tree:)

chaseNsplittoes 11-06-2007 08:20 PM

I've always liked hang ons for theirconcealment. I just got a lone wolf hang on this year andI really like it. I got the smallest one. It's super lite and extremly easy to set up. Throw the straps around the tree, hook em' on the versa buttons and fold er' down. Solid stand and quiet.

ryanschm2 11-06-2007 08:34 PM

Lone wolf alpha hang on, I put some padded backpacking straps on it and it carries nice for a 20 pound stand. The platform is nice and big and its quiet. the snow, leaves and twigs fall through the platform. expensive but you get what you pay for

todd a smith 11-06-2007 08:48 PM

yes,,lone wolf is the best stand to have if u hunt multiple locations or simply dont want your
shi! stolen

ny.bowhunter 11-06-2007 09:16 PM

I have a Summit that is pretty good and my buddy just got a lone wolf climber and loves it. I'd check both of those out.

RefusetoFollow 11-10-2007 07:25 PM

My favorite tree stand that I use is my Summit Openshot. Its comfortable, light (14lbs) and only 200 dollars.

*twodogs* 11-12-2007 01:12 PM

I use a Summit 180 Max (climber). I use it both for bow and gun since the seat can be flipped to face outward or toward the tree. When I bow hunt I use an outward seat, gun I face the tree. If you are one who wants to shoot sitting then get an open front. I keep sharp eyes out so I'm usually standing before a deer is in range, if you are worried about getting busted then opt for an open front (no bar circling the seat section). You sit in the seat and climb with this stand, makes it so much easier because your legs are at a better angle to engage and disengage the lower platform. And the thingclimbs quick and it's quiet. Not as quiet as the LoneWolf but I'm a firm believer if you've done your homework and are in the woods early enough and not on top of their beds or feeding area, you are not going to spook deer with a minor noise.And lastly,the seat is very comfortable.

MIpse 11-12-2007 02:45 PM

I just bought the summit viper and i love it it is very comfortable and the price is right.Very good for an all day hunt.

DeerHuntinDan 11-12-2007 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: rbeckman

I have a summit viper, it's a climber and very comfortable, lightweight and the price was not too bad.
Same here, I love my Viper!!

PSE-MAN 11-12-2007 06:39 PM

I have had my summit for years now and i love it. It is easy to set up and easy to climb with and to top it off you can get side bags etc.. I believe it is the cobra xls. Open front and back rest. would highly recommend

loganw 11-18-2007 07:50 PM

18' Ameristep Buckbuster - very comfortableand innovative