HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Estrous Scent Wafer? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/214773-estrous-scent-wafer.html)

RIStrutStopper 10-29-2007 12:52 PM

Estrous Scent Wafer?

I figured its time to start using estrous scents. I went to see what was at the local wally world and I saw the HS estrous scented wafers. I use the fresh earth ones in a big zip lock with my clothes, and whether or not it helps I'm not sure but it doesn't seem to hurt any. I would normally not buy the estrous wafers, but a friend of mine used them a year or 2 back and had an 8 point walk right into the wafer and start sniffing it. I figured that was a good enough testimony, so I figured I'd try it. I used them last night, had a doe come in and had another deer behind me that I couldn't see too well. The doe seemed nervous but didn't spook, I was hoping she was being chased, she just hung out about 8 yards from my stand watching her back trail and looking around for about 5 minutes before walking off. I didn't see any other movement. Has anyone had any luck using these?

Chasebaker 10-29-2007 03:57 PM

RE: Estrous Scent Wafer?

I thought about using it too....might try it out and post a review on here

todd a smith 10-30-2007 06:25 AM

just dont attach it to the back of your pants..

HammytheHunter 10-30-2007 09:56 AM

I used the estrous wafers 4 years ago at one of my old stand locations. On a relative windy day, I had a 10-point come straight in to one of the wafers I had set up. Needless to say, that was the last bit of estrous he ever smelled.

So I've used them and had luck. I haven't used them much since, but they definitely worked that afternoon. The day I used them was also in mid November, right around the rut here in Maryland.

tenpointer65 10-30-2007 11:48 AM

I've used them for years but haven't had a buck go up to it and smell it. I've also used the earth scent ones too. Now I stick a fresh earth scented dryer sheet in with my clothes in a BIG zip lock bag.
I don't think it's scared deer off so I'll continue using them but I am trying different brands of scents.

todd a smith 10-30-2007 02:07 PM

ive used the earth wafers...but i am getting away from them//

RIStrutStopper 10-30-2007 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: todd a smith

just dont attach it to the back of your pants..
Too Funny!

TopNock 10-30-2007 05:52 PM

I have used estrus scent wafers as well. I bought a liquid estrus and filled a Stink Stick and hung it on a limb. It seems to preserve it for weekly use when I need it.

todd a smith 10-30-2007 09:00 PM

this gets posted every so often...have u used your wifes pad during cycle..ewlll man...
but the dog goes in the trash for them...makes u think?? i hear success stories. the wafers
in earth and acorn are ok covers....after that...i dont think so..use a scent bomb with real
urine.