HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   2008 Hoyt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/213530-2008-hoyt.html)

TerryM 10-22-2007 08:50 PM

2008 Hoyt

Just had a look at the 2008 Hoyts over on the website. Not trying to bash but it really doesn't look too different from last years lineup. I can't understand why they don't incorporate adjustable draw length mods on all their cams. Draw length specific cams are a inventory nightmare for shops and the "they are more effecient" line just doesn't hold water, just look at Bowtech, Diamond and Elite. Looks like I won't be buying a Hoyt again this year as I refuse to buy a draw specific cam bow due to my short DL and the difficulty in selling it down the road. Nice bows, stupid cams.

mobow 10-22-2007 09:43 PM

RE: 2008 Hoyt

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure the reason they don't go to an adjustable DL is the fact that the dealer has to buy more bows.....No longer will 1 bow fit 4 people......You need 4 bows. That means Hoyt sells more bows. The 3-5 fps gain is negligable at best.

When I saw their flagship bow, the katera, before seeing the name I thought they left the Vulcan in the lineup.....I'm with you, I can't see anything that makes me want to trade up my Vectrix this year. I may though, just because I work at the shop and won't cost me anything. If I wait till next year, there will be some out of pocket expense for me...

I do like the Vectrix plus or whatever......I'll keep an open mind until I at least shoot it. I am curious about the new cam.

TerryM 10-22-2007 10:12 PM

I have been wanting to try A hoyt because I'm impressed with the build quality but I gotta have draw length adjustability. If the Vectrix had that adjustable cam & 1/2+ I would likely try one.

gethuntin 10-22-2007 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: TerryM

I have been wanting to try A hoyt because I'm impressed with the build quality but I gotta have draw length adjustability. If the Vectrix had that adjustable cam & 1/2+ I would likely try one.
the katera xl is offered in an adjustable cam and 1/2 but ibo is only rated 305, and the z3 cam at 320fps

general327 10-22-2007 11:01 PM

I'm with you guys on their lineup, with all the hype leading up to their reveal I almost considered going from a great Bowtech to a new Hoyt, but that only lasted about a second. It does seem like not much really changed from last year, and as far as their new "speed bow" I'm not impressed. Not that 330 fps is slow, but with Martin, Bowtech, Pearson, and the like introducing speed bows in the 345 to 350+ fps this year, Hoyt is kinda falling behind. And is it just me or does Katera sound like some kind of Japanese sport bike or something? And the Seven 37, I know they were trying to go with plane names, but come on, whats next the Airbus 308?

gzg38b 10-24-2007 11:02 AM

Same as last year IMO. What's different?

PABuck_HNTR 10-26-2007 05:18 AM

Same as last year IMO. What's different?
Hey there's a difference.... They are only putting one string shox on the lower side of the bow. That is clearly a difference.:D Although I believe the website shows both. They are shipping the Katera's atleast with a note in the box that the bow now only needs one string shox. Even if that is true it looks incomlete.