Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Review of the Limbbender Bow Press >

Review of the Limbbender Bow Press

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Review of the Limbbender Bow Press

Old 10-19-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Review of the Limbbender Bow Press

I was relieved to hear that the WWAG style press was once again available for purchase. I dropped the ball while WWAG had these and never bought one. The time I was willing to buy; he was out of the business.

Anyway, Bowtech Dave came to the rescue. He has modified WWAG's press slightly but it operates the same. The great thing about this press is it puts ZERO pressure on the bow's riser.

Finally had a chance to play around with the press today. It works fantastically.

Lay the brackets down on the floor, bench, table, etc. Remove both top pieces of each left/right brackets. Lay the bow on the brackets between the pins. Install the top pieces and tighten the nuts.

Rachet a few times to take up slack so you can stand the press upright. Then center the bow between the brackets.

It took me about 3-4 "ratchets" to press my bow.

When not in use; it can be stored like this.

Here is the WWAG's how-to video. Bowtech Dave is making his own video and directions. See how easy this can be?
http://media.putfile.com/Bow-Press-How-To

Only thing I should caution you guys about is de-ratcheting the press. You must be careful to let the bow down slowly. If unfamiliar with ratchet-straps; practice before pressing your bow.

Dave can be reached at [email protected]
Press will be shipped TYD for $75
Old 10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Spike

Default RE: Review of the Limbbender Bow Press

Donnie,

Thanks for the review! I am happy it is working well for you. That is very sound advice about the ratchet strap. Practice a couple times and you'll have it down in no time.

Let me know if I can be of futher service.

Dave
Old 10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice post, Donnie...

I actually might like this version better due to the longer lower legs... Depending upon which stab I've got on my bow, I sometimes have to remove it before pressing it in my Bowmender because of its shorter legs... this design would allow for longer stabs to stay on my bows.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great review Donnie on a great press. I'm glad to see they are out again. Kudos Dave.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Thanks guys! I think everyone should have one. You can't beat it.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Spike

Greg,

I am making them shorter for now as a standard, but I can make them longer if desired. That will be a requested item.

Thanks again! When I get back from MO I will start making as many as I can. Please understand that this is a side job for me and I can only make them so fast! I do not have the facilities that WWGI has to pump these babies out. I am working on it though.

Drop me a line if you all are interested.

Dave
Old 11-07-2007, 12:49 PM

I just received my press from Dave. I was amazed at how easy this thing is to use. I tried it on 4 or 5 different bows and it really works great. It has also cleared up a lot of space on my workbench. I was having to take my bow to the archery shop every time I needed to put it in a press, but now I can tinker to my hearts delight!!

I can honestly say that I highly recommend this press. I have put my old Apple press over in the corner. I'll be using this one now even on older style bows with the longer limbs.

Dave was great on letting me know about the status of my order. Good price and good service.

Thanks Dave!!
Old 09-03-2008, 05:39 AM

Default STILL MAKING THE PRESS??????????

Is Dave still making these presses?

I sent an email but no response yet.

Many thanks and have a blessed day.