Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 '08 Bows  Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General >

'08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

'08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Spike

Default '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

I use to do a lot of shooting 10 years ago. Its been a long time and starting it up again. I am looking at the '08 Bear Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General, and not really sure what Hoyt or Matthews has coming up. Any recommendations for someone starting up again? I am the type of person who sticks with something until it falls apart, so thats why I was looking at the higher end bows.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

There's a lot of great bows on the marketplace these days; that's for sure!

I would recommend putting together a "checklist" of what you're looking for in a personal bow first...

What's important to you?

Speed? As vibration- and shock-free a shooting experience as possible?
Shootability?Stable platform? High brace height?
Maneuverability?

Old 10-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great idea Greg. That will help point you in the direction not to mention help everyone here in suggesting a specific model.

I am currently shooting the Marquis and General. Each has their own particular feel but both should do more than stand up to daily use for many years to come.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:39 PM

I shot the new Hoyt today, can't remember the name of it, but it felt really good. Lighter than the Vectrix and faster and just as quiet.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot all the Bows you can get your hands on and like Greg said make a check list. Bows are a personal choice, but for me the Bowtechs have been some of the best Bows for me that I have ever shot.

Dan
Old 10-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went through the line of bows and bought the Bowtech Allegiance and as much as I love the Allegiance I made the mistake of shooting Matt / PA's Bowtech Guardian....that sold me on the center pivot bows. It was truly eye opening amazing. I look forward to the General as well as the Marquis. Diamond bows are top notch.

I like everyones suggestion of making a checklist and coming to a decision. I'd definately consider the Bowtech and Diamond line amoung them. Good luck on your decision.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Spike

The bow store near me is really lacking, theypretty much have to order almost every bow except theGeneral. I won't be able to get my hands on many to try out. Mainly I am concentrated on vibration and shock free. I want to be able to keep and stay on target.

So what are people liking so far?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mainly I am concentrated on vibration and shock free.
I've said it many times: Our biggest miss as a company last year was when we took our travelling shooting booth around to all the shows, letting customers shoot any bow in the lineup last year... When people shot the Guardian for the first time, we should have had video rolling. After editing out all the expletives, it would have made the best commercial we could have run. The Guardian simply blew away expectations for how shock- and vibration-free a bow could be and still deliver very decent speeds.

Having said that, ALL reports coming in so far say that the General is even MORE shock free and vibration free than the Guardian. It's gonna be one heck of a bow, and one I'd highly suggest you take for a test run.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Spike

The shop near me is selling the General for $830.00 ouch. Doesnt that seem kinda high?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:09 PM

You're getting hosed brother, the most any 2008 Bowtech is supposed to be selling for is $749.00, without custom camo option of course. If I were you I would find a different Pro Shop. I just ordered a new General in Mossy Oak Brush and even with the custom camo fee and tax it only came to around $860.

Quick Reply: '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.