Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 '08 Bows  Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General >

'08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

'08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Old 10-26-2007, 09:34 AM

Default RE: '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

ORIGINAL: thwackkkk

Hey guys, had to register to get in on this talk about the new Marquis. I'm in the Lehigh Valley area of NE PA, and I see there are a lot of other guys in here from the area talking $650 for the Marquis, I was wondering where you can get it for $650? I was in Weaknecht's yesterday to check it out, he told me $700 over the phone, and $680 ifI equipped it there. He said he technically "can't" sell it for less than that due to something or other with Diamond.Is he feedin me a line? Any help you guys could give me would really be appreciated.
I found one for $649 in Florida, so I'd be cautious with the above dealer.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:11 PM

Ive heard nothing bout a set low price if they do i wont b selling them anymore! and to update u all on the bear truth explosion and my new marquis. bear finally called me and wanted to replace the truth that blew up on me in my hands, but only after my boy will primos crew had contacted bear wanting to know what was going on. feels good to have people like team primos etc around, its a shame bout bears lack of customer relations The diamond marquis i grabbed off the rack to replace it is a very nice shooting bow but ive found the grip to be to thin and im going to have to wrap it, but i have big hands so that just might b the reason plus im set in my shooting style and a thin grip just dont work for my style of shooting. the bow is leaving vapor trails with a heavy arrow im shooting a carbon extreme terminator 6075 28" with 100 grain tip and its chronographing at 310fps consistantly now thats a very heavy arrow so im impressed its like 100 grains heavier than ibo, also bow pulls at bout 72lbs and is the quietest bow ive ever shot other than my recurve and it dont shoot any 310 fps either we at J&R archery commend bowtech on the excellent job with their new lineup and customer service well done guys and gals on the next note im not saying its the only bow line to look at or buy, lots of nice bows out there so try em out. Just dont buy a bear truth till bear archery learns how to take care of dealers and customers
Old 10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey guys, had to register to get in on this talk about the new Marquis. I'm in the Lehigh Valley area of NE PA, and I see there are a lot of other guys in here from the area talking $650 for the Marquis, I was wondering where you can get it for $650? I was in Weaknecht's yesterday to check it out, he told me $700 over the phone, and $680 ifI equipped it there. He said he technically "can't" sell it for less than that due to something or other with Diamond.Is he feedin me a line? Any help you guys could give me would really be appreciated.
No, he is not feeding you any lines. Minimum advertised price for the Marquis is $699. What the dealer sells it to you for is up to the dealer. Minimum advertised prices are set to give the dealer a fair profit margin.

I also work for a shop in the valley and we list it at $699 as well.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it. I'll bet I'm going to have the Marquis by the end of next week. I'll share my opinions as well as final set-up as soon as possible. Once again, thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Spike

I think I am going for the General once I can find a reasonable price. Has anyone heard anything on the new Truth 2's that are out?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gander Mountain is selling the Marquis for 649$. Not sure if you have one near by or not. I also know all of the stories about the big box stores just wanted to let you know what I saw today.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM

I went with the Marquis... Should have everything in and set up by Monday, check out my signature for the final set-up. Can't wait to see how it shoots with the set up I went with.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: thwackkkk

I went with the Marquis... Should have everything in and set up by Monday, check out my signature for the final set-up. Can't wait to see how it shoots with the set up I went with.
Enjoy!! The Marquis is one sweet Bow

Dan
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

I am still waiting for the local cabelas to get the marquis. One guy says this week and the next day I call and a different guy says over a month!! I would not even buy there but they have a 100$ off of a purchase over 500$. No pro shop will match it. (I don't blame them)
Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

No, he is not feeding you any lines. Minimum advertised price for the Marquis is $699. What the dealer sells it to you for is up to the dealer. Minimum advertised prices are set to give the dealer a fair profit margin.

I also work for a shop in the valley and we list it at $699 as well.
If a dealer sells it for less than "MAP" priceand Bowtech finds out about it they risk loosing their dealership. Bowtech requires that you not only advertise at MAP but also will not sell below MAP.

The Truth 2'swon't be shipping until the middle of November. According to Escalade sports as of yesterday.

Quick Reply: '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.