Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 '08 Bows  Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General >

'08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

'08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Old 10-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

ORIGINAL: jm13690

The shop near me is selling the General for $830.00 ouch. Doesnt that seem kinda high?
I was told MSRP is $799 on the General. Are you sure he isn't pricing you an Airborne
Old 10-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Spike

Yah, $830.00 was the price on the General in standard camo. That shop is within 15 miles of me. The next shop after that is over 65 miles away. I was going to go with the General when I was reading it was $750.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:58 PM

I know MSRP is higher than the $750, but I've checked with 3 of the dealers in my area, and they have all said that there isn't a bow in the 2008 Bowtech lineup that will be selling for more than an actual sales price of $749.00 with standard camo, General, Airbornes, Guardian, all of them. I guess it just depends on where you are and how much of a profit the individual dealer is trying to make off his customers.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:23 PM

You need to follow the advice of these other guys and shoot as many of the new bows as you can. The technology has changed alot since you shot last and you need to figure out what is important to you. I happen to like Diamond and bowtechs line ups as well. I am shooting a bow made by them for another company, but the technology is the same as these lines. Its a great company and a great bow. It should carry you through the next ten years, just get something that feels right to you.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 PM

I just saw the 08 line-up last night. The only thing I don't like is that the 101st and 82nd are so long. I think I might look at the General after hunting season is over. The problem I'm running into is the shop the I go to is getting ready to swap owners so they have nothing, the next closest shop is a rip off, Bass Pro is a pain in the a$$, and I shoot left handed. In all honesty, I would like too shoot all of them, Bowtech and Diamond.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Having said that, ALL reports coming in so far say that the General is even MORE shock free and vibration free than the Guardian.
It is. After having owned both I can honestly say I am in shock with the lack of shock and vibration in the general. It really does have none whatsoever. Do not take my word for it though. Go shoot one. If you aren't excited by the extremely low noise andrecoil levels I will be genuinely surprised.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 PM

I bought a bear truth bow on thursday the 18th of oct 07 on sunday 21st oct if came apart in my hands at a shoot at the bow shop i shoot 3d for we contacted bear today and they actually wanted us to send the bow back and have me wait 2 weeks for a new bow!!!!!!!!! yeah ok bear well done!!! so i said forget it im not missing the rut, i got a bowtech marquis and i have to say after all these years shooting and being involved on the bow shop scene, this is the quietest fastest 70# 29" draw bow ive ever shot or seen. So i would say to anyone check your servings on your down cable at cam and if you havnt bought a bear bow then good dont, because they dont care about us hunters or dealers at all.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Spike

Yah still not sure on what to do. If I go with the close shop and the General I am going to be over a thousand with accessories. I am leaning a bit towards the Diamond, but they would have to order it. How is it for hand shock?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 PM

Just got the chance to play with a Marquis at my local pro shop, and I have to say that it is a very nice bow. First thing I noticed after picking it up is that it is significantly lighter than my General. The draw is nice and smooth with a very gentle dip into the "valley" and a solid backstop, unlike the General's abrupt drop. I'm looking at having the smooth mod replaced with the fast one, but for now the shop hasn't received any (thus I'm stuck with a draw length that is 1" too long as well). I unfortunately did not get the chance to shoot the Marquis so I can't comment on its actual performance, but if it shoots like it looks/feels, I would gladly take it to the woods with me.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:32 PM

Just to give you guys an update on my new marquis, its all they say it is and more. I havnt been this impressed with a new bow in some time, I buy a new bow for 3d tournaments and hunting every year. Just to let you all know we sell the bowtech diamond marquis for $650.00. If anybody is in the martinsburg wv area give us a call or visit us at J&T archery in hedgesville wv, we will be glad to help yall out may your arrows fly true and leave silent vapor trails.

Quick Reply: '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.