HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/212842-08-bows-truth2-diamond-marquis-bowtech-general.html)

DeerStalker80 11-06-2007 03:17 AM

RE: '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

here is my 2 pennies on this one. I was previously shooting a diamond liberty loved the bow little noisy and had hand shock. Still loved the bow. Well I ended up with that bow over a long story had $400 tied up at Bass pro after a reflex issue. But anyways I have shot all of the top of the line bows switchback, trykon, vetrix, allegeance, drenaline, general, guardian, you name it in the search for my next bow. found it bought it 2 weeks ago it was the 2007 bowtech guardian liked the new general just I sacrificed the 3 decibels more of noise for a little speed. I will say this no one in there right mind could tell the difference in noise and shootability between the gurdian and the general unless you shot them side by side. The general is easier to draw at the same weight as that of a guardian but the our the quitest bow, no hand shock, and I love it. I though when they first came out with it it was a sales gemick put if you shoot it you will want one and it isnt a speed demon bow either it as an all around accurite easy shooting bow. I would recommend it to anyone but like they have al said shoot all of the bows and buy what is comfortable in your hands.

DeerStalker80 11-06-2007 03:23 AM

ALSO IF YOU FIND A BOWTECH YOU LIKE SEE IF THEY HAVE ANY 07 LEFT IN STOCK i WAS ABLE TO TALK THE PRO SHOP DOWN FROM 750- 680 NOT MUCH BUT SOME YOU KNOW. aLL i AM SORRYABOUT THE SPELLING AND EVERYTHINGBUT i HAVE BEEN UP FOR OURS IN THE MILITARY AND HAVENT HAD ALOT OF SLEEP TODAY.

whitetailbowhunter 11-11-2007 09:06 PM

Does anyone know if Cabela's has the new Marquis or the General????

MeanV2 11-11-2007 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

Does anyone know if Cabela's has the new Marquis or the General????
They should be carrying the new Marquis:Dbut won't sell the General. You will need to visit your local Bowtech dealer/Pro shop to test drive a General. It is worth the trip;)

Dan

rock_slinger 11-12-2007 03:11 PM

SD cabelas has them. They have one less marquis now! I love it. I got 100 bucks off to.

whitetailbowhunter 11-12-2007 07:08 PM

Great! Thanks!:)

Mat

whitetailbowhunter 11-13-2007 05:18 PM

Oh! forgot ask how much are they selling for?

thwackkkk 11-13-2007 08:50 PM

Well, I got my Marquis on Saturday. Hands down, the best bow I've ever laid hands on. This bow is incredibly quiet, super smooth, and very fast! I can't believe how smooth and quiet this bow is, and my Quad LimbSavers, and Sims G1 Enhancer stabilizer still haven't come in, I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like when I add them to the set up!!! This bow absolutely rocks, super accurate. I couldn't believe the groups I was getting all the way out to 60 yards! Can't say enough great things about this bow! My buddy shoots a Mathews, he shot my Marquis today, and I think the Mathews is going to end up on a used bow rack somewhere and he'll be shootin' a Marquis as well. I leave for a hunt in Canada Friday morning, can't wait to make my first kill with the Marquis!

MeanV2 11-13-2007 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: thwackkkk

Well, I got my Marquis on Saturday. Hands down, the best bow I've ever laid hands on. This bow is incredibly quiet, super smooth, and very fast! I can't believe how smooth and quiet this bow is, and my Quad LimbSavers, and Sims G1 Enhancer stabilizer still haven't come in, I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like when I add them to the set up!!! This bow absolutely rocks, super accurate. I couldn't believe the groups I was getting all the way out to 60 yards! Can't say enough great things about this bow! My buddy shoots a Mathews, he shot my Marquis today, and I think the Mathews is going to end up on a used bow rack somewhere and he'll be shootin' a Marquis as well. I leave for a hunt in Canada Friday morning, can't wait to make my first kill with the Marquis!
Got my Marquis and General in last week. Slapped a couple of rests on them, did some basic tuning, and headed to the Pro Shop last Saturday. Everyone that shot the 2 bows were impressed. 3 Generals were put on order before I left, both the Marquis and General are Super Bows. I can't wait to shoot an Airborne, I am sure they will be as equally impressive.:D

Dan

RutMiner 11-13-2007 10:05 PM

The Limbsaver Deadzone is the most forgiving bow Ive ever shot, I guarantee that it would beat any bow on the market in recoil and noise. Ive been reading that different shops are seeing them and loving them.

MeanV2 11-14-2007 03:14 AM

ORIGINAL: RutMiner

The Limbsaver Deadzone is the most forgiving bow Ive ever shot, I guarantee that it would beat any bow on the market in recoil and noise. Ive been reading that different shops are seeing them and loving them.
Performance, Quietness, Forgiveness. I want the whole package;)

Dan

rock_slinger 11-14-2007 07:33 AM

$699 for a marquis at cabelas in SD.

BigHorn3500 09-13-2008 03:44 AM

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate you shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.
Products Ordered
1 of 41-8491 DIAMOND ARCHERY MARQUIS HWG KIT 08 RH 27"-29" 60-70 LBSShipped-09/11/08Total
Merchandise = $799.99
Postage = $18.95
ORDER TOTAL = $818.94
Cant Wait!