Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Rage: are they worth the hype? >

Rage: are they worth the hype?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage: are they worth the hype?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Spike

Default RE: Rage: are they worth the hype?

I use Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade heads but did try the Rage 2 blade out on turkey this past spring. I wasn't real impressed. It did have a large entrance wound but did not even penetrate clear through the bird. I ended up having to shoot the bird with my daughter's 20 ga. so it wouldn't suffer. However, I did hit the bird a bit too far back. I've shot several turkey with the Muzzy and they were all pass throughs and clean kills.

I haven't tried the Rage on deer. My goal this season was to get a buck out of my ground blind. I was a bit worried that the shoot through netting on the blind might affect the flight of the Rage, so I stuck with the Muzzy. The buck I shot this season with the Muzzy was a double lung pass through and he only went 30 yards, stopped, and fell over.

I may try taking a doe from my blind with the Rage, but for the most part,I'll stick with the Muzzy head.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:59 PM

I'm kinda surprised the Rage didn't whistle right through a turkey. Last spring, I was looking for ways to keep the arrow from passing through.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:52 PM

I stand by these new rage broadheads. I used to be a muzzy fan and have killed several deer with muzzy four blade 100's. Yes i agree not all mechanical broadheas fly like field tips, but neither do all fixed blades either. I had bought a brand new pack of muzzy three blades and they are setting in a drawer. They did not fly straight no matter what. I have recently killed an 8 pointer with the rage 2 broadhead and man did it do a number on the buck. I shot him at about 15 yards and as soon as the arrow hit I seen a large amount of blood spill out his side. The entry wound was about 3 inches wide. There was no blood trail. It looked more like someone had sprayed a trail with a sprayer. 30 yards later there was my deer.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

I need some replacement blades for the 3 blade rage. does anyone know where I can order some. bass pro and cabela's are on back order.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

mayb ebay..and cheaper. the rage seem to be doing a number on most deer shot.
u need to be shootin some heat though..nice fast bow with good energy
Old 11-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

tried ebay but no replacement blades just new heads.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

try lancaster archery in lancaster pa...they have a web site...huge catalog
Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

http://lancasterarchery.com/shop/
Old 11-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/default.php?cPath=63_370&osCsid=eab3842988687e 70a8bee692ab3f4e9e

Old 11-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

they look like the old gator broad heads. i still have a couple of those gators. didnt like the performance. dont know about these but because they remind me of those gators i wouldnt rush to try them. the exit holes are awesome though but i get crazy blood trails with regular spitfires too.

Quick Reply: Rage: are they worth the hype?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.