Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Rage: are they worth the hype? >

Rage: are they worth the hype?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage: are they worth the hype?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage: are they worth the hype?

exit hole from a rage 2 blade.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

do you have entry site? better exit hole than on my 2 animals with the 3 blades. I have had no problems with them in the quiver cause I don't have the foam insert. I use the quickee with 2 attachment places for the arrow.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:49 AM

[8D]No! Get some slick tricks. These are the real deal!!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is all basically a bunch of crap. Hit any deer right with any sharp broadhead and your done.
If I hit a deer thru the lungs I don't need a giant exit hole and he is not going far.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 PM

My personal problem with 2 blade rage broadheads starts with poor design. After so many trips in and out of the quiver the o-ring gets worn out, causing the blades to move from the locked position on release. I shoot a switchback XT along with a friend. Between the two of us we lost 4 does (shot close to perfect) this year due to rage 2 blade working improperly. When this happens you get next to no blood trail.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

nice pics...are pics with the small exit hole ..are u sure that ur blades are opening
Old 11-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

pics with small hole as exit. large hole is entry.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Small bucks walk- You say that you hit these deer near perfect but you never found them because the rage failed. So... if you never found these deer you dont know where you hit them and if rage failed or not. Im pretty sure your just blaming rage for your poor shots. [:@]I shoot rage and love them. I think they are the perfect broadhead. I shot a doe through both shoulders this year. I got a clean pass through with 59 lbs at 30 yards. I sharpened the Rage 2 blade and put it back in my quiver. Still in perfect shape. Alright nuff said. Every body is gonna have a differant opinion I just dont like it when people blame their equipment for their poor shots.

Die Hard
Old 11-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely not! Fixed blade to the end!! MUZZY! SLICK TRICK! or yes Ausie soon to try outback broadheads!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 PM

After last night, I have seen two mulie bucks killed with Rage two blade heads in the past five days. I shot one Saturday night - severe quartering away shot that entered just behind the last rib - came out in front of the shoulder. Deer ran about fifty yards and started wobbling. Last night, I was right there when a big 5X5 was shot at 32 yards - arrow hit the muscle in front leg, went through the front portion of both lungs - and stuck in the opposite shoulder. Even broke some ribs. Same deal - deer ran about 50 yards with 8" of arrow still sticking out of him - and started the wobble. These are working pretty well so far. Big holes with lots of hemmoraging.

Quick Reply: Rage: are they worth the hype?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.