HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Summit Climbing Stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/209384-summit-climbing-stand.html)

Goat542 09-29-2007 09:53 AM

Summit Climbing Stand

Well, it's time for a new climber. Whichstand do you guys like best from Summit? Any opinions on the Viper SS vs. Razor SS? I'm not sure if I want that bar in front in case of a "sitting" shop opportunity. I just wanna know what you guys are using.

partsjay 09-29-2007 11:06 AM

RE: Summit Climbing Stand

I use the bushmaster....I love it......the one thing I think I do miss is the front bar, but I don't usually shoot sitting down.....anyway, that Viper is a great stand, it will be the next one I but for sure. Good Luck!

JrsyBowHunter 09-29-2007 07:53 PM

another vote for the bushmaster here

loogout1 09-29-2007 07:58 PM

Have a bushmaster and love it. Bought a open shot half way thru last season and used it twice and went back to the bushmaster. Open shot has a small platform and a awkward climbing stance that made me feel uncomfortable.

mobow 09-29-2007 08:41 PM

I would go w/ the viper over the razor. I'm not a big fan of that movable bar on the razor, looks like a weak point to me. I have the viper and absolutely love it.

Finch 09-29-2007 10:28 PM

I have the razor and absolutely love it. Its the best of both worlds. You can sit and climb and remove the bar and swing it under the seat until you're ready for your descent. I don't see how it could be a weak point. I've had my butt on that bar many times and haven't had a single problem. The viper is talked up alot but the razor is where it's at.:D

nubo 09-30-2007 08:25 AM

I use the Viper 05 and this is the very best of the best in my eye's ,it has a shooting rail ,but is very adaptable to shooting your bow .

nubo

BGfisher 09-30-2007 02:09 PM

Viper by all means. Some guys don't like the bar, but it helps in more ways than it gets in the way. For one, you can sit-n-climb so you don't work as much of a sweat and stink up the woods. The trick to shooting over the bar is to cinch up the seat and keep it so your knees are just below the bar when sitting. It makes a nice place to lay the bow in front of you when you're sitting, too. And if ya fall asleep it adds just a bit of security

I'll gvie up a shot or two in a lifetime for added safety and convenience in climbing anyday.

Goat542 09-30-2007 04:43 PM

Good point! I've just never owned an opened face climber and was curious if they're worth it or not.

PABuck_HNTR 09-30-2007 06:00 PM

I would go w/ the viper over the razor. I'm not a big fan of that movable bar on the razor, looks like a weak point to me. I have the viper and absolutely love it.

I must respectfully disagree with you. I have the Summit Razor SS and the bar is not weak in the least. I really like that it can be moved out of the way after using it for climbing. The Razor offers the best of both worlds in my opinion.