Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Climbing Stand

Old 10-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Summit Climbing Stand

I have the Goliath... It's a bit larger than the others, but It is roomy and extremely comfortable for a guy my size. You really can't go wrong w/ any Summits.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:59 PM

the golieth or something like that..its for the big boys..
Old 10-01-2007, 06:02 PM

I have the viper I like, it its nice to have the bar in the frount when you are at full draw. Its just "bumps you back so you dont fall. And not falling is a good thing. As far as the size goes Iam 250 lb 6 foot andI fit in it just fine. The biggest problem is every time I use it I fall asleep
Old 10-02-2007, 08:05 AM

I have the summit backpacker climber and love it. Very light, folds flat, sets-up easily, and very sturdy and comfortable when in a tree. I agree with liking the bar in front as it does add a safety feature. You can not go wrong with summit!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I run a Goliath and LOVE IT!!! Summit IMO is so clearly ahead of any others in the climbing market, and soon to be tops in the hang on market too with the Deer Deck. Super quiet, very comfortable. I like the front bar and haven't had any problems as far as shooting. Get a couple of the side bags and you'll get rid of your backpack as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

I have the razor as well, I like the bar that moves out of the way. I'm 5'11" and 235 lbs no problems with it after 2 years of hunting. I would buy it again
Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since I gun hunt and bow hunt, and I'm 6'5" 285lbs, I would probably go with the 180 Max SS or the Goliath, because of the increased room of the climber, and size of the seat.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

Since I gun hunt and bow hunt, and I'm 6'5" 285lbs, I would probably go with the 180 Max SS or the Goliath, because of the increased room of the climber, and size of the seat.
I guess GRIZZLYMAN is an appropriate tag for you given your stats!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:52 AM

Ok....now I have two additional questions...1) As far as "sinching" the seat up, is that comfortable??? I looked at the viper stand and thought that keeping that bar WOULD be the perfect bow rest; however, I don't want to sacrifice comfort too much....and 2) how much room is there on the Razor if you keep the bar up and use it like the viper if needed?? I am leaning toward the Razor and a bow holder at this point.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

I guess GRIZZLYMAN is an appropriate tag for you given your stats!
Yeah, but when I got that nickname, I was only around 185 lbs.....I got that nickname because I had a pretty bad temper when provoked, and even growled at a former roommate of mine in college (I don't remember that) and his friend who tried to tie me to my bed (stunt or gay...not sure) and both ended up on the floor. That's how it got started.

Quick Reply: Summit Climbing Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.