Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BowTech Guardian

Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BowTech Guardian

I recently bought a commander and I love it also.IT is longer than the gardian ,but I don't think I will have any clearence problems because the limbs are paralel and on the power stroke they don't move forward as much as the old bows you are probably used to shooting if it has been awhile since you have bow hunted.My old mathews feather max is just an inch shorter than the commander.It will really come down to which one feels the best to you when you shoot them,but I luv the aiming of the commander espeacially at longer distances.both bows shoot great and I have not had any issues with mine.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

The replies say it all: Ever since this bow was released, I don't think I've EVER seen so many raving reviews from users country-wide. It truly is the most shock-free, quiet and recoil-free bow on the market.

I recently added a MeanV string supressor to mine, and it went from incredibly quiet to just plain insanely sick. [:-]
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I Love both of my Guardians. Completely camoed one out and it will be my Bow of choice for Turkeys next spring. My opinion on the 2 center pivot bows and which one to go with is as follows: 29" draw or longer go with the Commander, less than 29" go with the Guardian. They really deserve all the Hype they get

Dan
Old 09-27-2007, 03:24 AM
K9

Got my Guardian 2 weeks ago and love it. Sold my Mathews LX and haven't looked back.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 AM
bigcountry

Only bad thing I can say is, why did they situate the cables to possibly interfere with the arrow vanes. I found out you have to be real careful when finding centershot or you will get fletch interference. I am puttin on a new cable slide to move them over a tad. I figured I am not affecting cam lean much since I have the commander and its longer.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont use one but if dealth with them. Nice bow (wierd looking). The only thing i didnt like was the grip and the weight. The first time i picked it up i thought the grip wasnt comfortable at all, and that the bare bow was a little heavy. But thats just my opinion. A lot of guys use the bow and theres probably a reason for it.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Thanks for all of the adive.
Went off and pruchased it and will give an update on what I think about it after a few weeks.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Spike

I think you made a good choice. I really like both my Guardian and the Commander. Both are at 29" and 71#'s and I've shot about 4000 shots with each. The Guardian is a little faster and the Commander seems to be a bit smoother. Both are extreamly quiet and shock free. The most enjoyable bows to shoot thatI have ever shot. That's what it's all about isn't it? Would I purchase either of these again? Darn right I would! Best that I've ever had.Can't wait to see what Bowtech has for 2008. Might just have to add to my collection!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wapitibull375

I think you made a good choice. I really like both my Guardian and the Commander. Both are at 29" and 71#'s and I've shot about 4000 shots with each. The Guardian is a little faster and the Commander seems to be a bit smoother. Both are extreamly quiet and shock free. The most enjoyable bows to shoot thatI have ever shot. That's what it's all about isn't it? Would I purchase either of these again? Darn right I would! Best that I've ever had.Can't wait to see what Bowtech has for 2008. Might just have to add to my collection!
If you like Smooth check out the General for 2008!! If speed is your things test drive an Airborne 82 or 101

Dan

Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Well couldnt wait unitl 2008 went a picked up the Guardian. Have say after a couple dozen shoots I was grouping them in there pretty nicely. Have to say I do like my purchase
thaks for all of the help