Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BowTech Guardian

Old 09-24-2007, 09:48 PM

Default BowTech Guardian

I am looking to get back into Bowhunting after being out of it for the last 20 years. I have been looking as the Bowtech guardian. I would like to hear what people are saying that are using one; and not just the marketing materials.
Am also thinking aobut the commander. The only real difference I have been told it the length. WHihc would make the commander and more stable and acurate bow. Problem would be clearence when hunting. How much of this is actually true it is only like 4 inched difference? Would there be an effect in speed in any ways

Also I would like to get your opions on the arrow rest and sight.

Thanks for your help
Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 AM

Default RE: BowTech Guardian

I was out for about a long as you were and I test fired a lot of bows while i was looking just recently (things have REALLY changed since you and I had last fired)... the guardian is the sweetest of the bunch, BY FAR... they toss a lot of marketing at it, but its not just hype, it performs very well... I've got no brand allegiance at all, only bow i didn't get to try from the big manufacturers was the Hoyt Vectrix, i thought the guardian ripped them apart in feel FOR MY TASTES... its just out of my budget right now... I ended up with a used Ross cr334 and I'm quite happy... after a couple seasons on the Ross I'll likely upgrade to the gaurdian unless something that can top it comes out in the next couple seasons...

the advice you're gonna get though is to get out and shoot 'em yourself though... you may not like the guardian, there's several folks that didn't... try as many as you can though before you get swayed by marketing... mathews, hoyt, bowtech, diamond, bear, ross, martin, pearson, pse, mission, archery research, high country, darton, elite, reflex, alpine, etc. ALL make top shelf gear (even the gander and bass pro house brands are really nice now)... have fun with it and don't limit yourself to one model/brand... it's actually the most fun I've had deciding on any purchase I've made in a long time!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:24 AM

I own the guardian. In fact my son also owns a guardian. mine is the 70 and his is the 60# The Guardian is the smoothest bow and quietest bow on the market today. There are many head to head test sights that prove this.
The feel in the hand to me was the best also. Now as far as the guardian to the commander. I have heard that they are having little problems with the commander on trying to fine tune them. I would dismiss it except I keep hearing it from different shops. Yet they have had no problems with the guardian. Which is the same bow just a few inches shorter. Don't know the reason for this. Just think you should know. As far as speed goes and accuracy. My guardian matches exactly with the kids bow at my archery shop, He has the commander, and he was also one that had problems fine tuning it, they replaced his bow and he is fine now. But chrono reads are the same. Still you should try to fire as many as you can to decide for yourself.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:43 AM

I guess I should have added a couple mroe things I have shot the Guardian and it seemed to feel good. My biggest problem is I am not even sure what I should feel.

Also after readin all of this it looks like a new model is coming out in Nov for the Bowtech any one have any information about this. If it is oging to be so much better I might be better off waiting???

Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

You won't find a more shock free and quiet bow on the market today. Definitely get out and shoot one. I love my Commander, best bow I've had so far. I can't wait to see what 08 brings and then I will decide if I keep my Commander or upgrade again. Amazing bow though either way!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

You won't find a more shock free and quiet bow on the market today. Definitely get out and shoot one. I love my Commander, best bow I've had so far. I can't wait to see what 08 brings and then I will decide if I keep my Commander or upgrade again. Amazing bow though either way!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 AM

On the Guardian? If you are wanting to feel something like hand shock, you are going to be dissappointed. There is none. Thats the beauty of that bow. It is smooth, quiet and no hand shock. I can live with a few more dissappointments like that.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is no vibration, there is no foward jump, and there is almost no noise.
IMHO it is the bow of the year despite what Outdoor Life says.

I have mine set up with a Trophy taker X-treme FC rest, a HHA Optimizer lite ultra DS-XL5519, Doinker 5" multi rod stabilizer, and a Treelimb 5 arrow quiver. I couldn't be happier with this bow and set up.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice set-up bigbulls. I have the Bowtech 6-arrow quiver. Wish they made a better one. Fuse is the best I have seen quivers, especially the attachment system. S-coil stabilizer, and QAD rest. love it! May upgrade the stabilizer in the offseason. ANy suggestions?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Commander. I don't even notice the extra length as far as clearance. Shoots like a dream. Best bow I have ever had. As far as accessories, I really like the Trophy Ridge Line, the Drop Zone rest and the Matrix sight are awesome. (very easy to install and adjust) I have a Bohning Quiver.

Quick Reply: BowTech Guardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.