Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Scent Lok garmet bag?

Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Scent Lok garmet bag?

Saw this thing at ____ Sporting Goods today. I took it out of the package to look at it and thought what the ____! This thing says it's air tight. It does not seal at the top, it just has a loose plastic buckle. Am i missing something?

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/pro...sp?prod=505371
Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Scent Lok garmet bag?

If you roll it over a couple times, then buckle it, it is airtight. It stinks like vinyl though. I left mine outside 2 weeks to air it out some...I emailed scentLok to see if they had any ideas how to get the smell out of it.....I never heard back from them.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

i don't see how folding it could possibly make it airtight. There is still air passing through the gaps in the plastic. It may not seem like much but it really can spoil your efforts if stored in a strong smelling environment.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 AM

It's airtight......Submerge it in water, see if any bubbles come up....none will, or have.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trust me, it's airtight. Mine I roll over 2x times and then buckle and it's as tight as can be. People that canoe and raft have been using this type of bag for gear for decades, they are as airtight and waterproof as can be.

To get the smell out, I turned it inside out and washed in the washing machine with baking soda, then took it outside and sprayed with scent killer.......turne right side out then and then filled with leaves and dirt and let it sit outside for about a week. After that no more vinyl smell.......
Old 09-19-2007, 04:53 PM

i looked at those things and came to the conclusion that a ziploc bag would do the same thing. maybe i'm mistaken but it seems to work ok
Old 09-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

i looked at those things and came to the conclusion that a ziploc bag would do the same thing. maybe i'm mistaken but it seems to work ok
Yep
Old 09-19-2007, 06:29 PM

dstubb, go to walmart and buy some ziplock gallon/freezer bags or the"BIG" ziplock storage bags. Those work just as good if not better than anything else. And, you'll save alot of money....
Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

Nope. Ziploc's aren't airtight, even though you would think they would be. I used those last year, and before I sealed them up I purged all the air out of them.....2 days later, the bag is puffed up w/ air.....Not airtight at all.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 AM

Really!! I've never had a ziplock back puff back up after puring it.

Quick Reply: Scent Lok garmet bag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.