Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

QAD ultra rest

Old 09-18-2007, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default QAD ultra rest

thinking about getting a QAD ultra HD rest any thoughts good,bad or ugly about this rest, I am a little concerned about fletching clearance on the top bar.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 AM
CRP

Default RE: QAD ultra rest

I haven't had any issues with mine, seems to be a pretty good rest.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:17 AM

Me and my hunting partner both switched to them this year because the the lock down feature. It is also able to be drawn and let down without the rest leting down. We both love them. We've shot 200-300 arrows a peice out of them already. no problems yet. check out there web site for a video demo. http://www.qadinc.com/c-5-.aspxthat's the link. mybuddy shoots his on a pse x-force. it's the fastest bow i've ever seen and he doesn't have any problems with vane clearance. make sure you look around they retail for 130 at cabelas and basspro but local shops has them around $100-115 ,good luck with what ever you choose. always...good hunting
Old 09-18-2007, 09:35 AM

I have been looking at getting one. I do have a question, what is the difference between the LD and HD and pros and cons of each.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:02 AM

LD AND HD ARE THE SAME EXCEPT FOR THE HD HAS A HARMONIC DAMPENER ON THE THUMBWHEEL THE LD DOES NOT. BOTH FUNCTION THE SAME WAY. THERES ABOUT A $15 PRICE DIFFERENCE. NO REAL CONS WITH CHOOSING EITHER EXCEPT THE HD HAS LESS VIBERATION AND NOISE BECAUSE OF THE DAMPENER. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CHOICE..ALWAYS...GOOD HUNTING
Old 09-18-2007, 10:17 AM
bigcountry

I am having the same dilemma. I have a new commander at home, I haven't took a shot from. I am not sure to get a QAD HD, Ripcord, or limbdriver.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

I love mine. I had to take the bar off though to clear QS speedhunters.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys sounds like a quality rest without many problems I think I'll be picking mine up soon.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I am having the same dilemma. I have a new commander at home, I haven't took a shot from. I am not sure to get a QAD HD, Ripcord, or limbdriver.
If you try a Limb Driver you will be hooked. It is a much over looked rest. I have one on both my bows. Yep I've tried all the rest

Dan
Old 09-19-2007, 01:05 PM

I've got a very lightly used HD I'll part with for $100. I couldn't get it to work on my Old Glory. It's a great rest but the bow didn't like the downcable being pulled on, no matter how lightly. PM me if you're interested.

Quick Reply: QAD ultra rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.