Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 3-D DEER TARGET THATS EASY TO PULL ARROWS OUT? >

3-D DEER TARGET THATS EASY TO PULL ARROWS OUT?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

3-D DEER TARGET THATS EASY TO PULL ARROWS OUT?

Old 09-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 3-D DEER TARGET THATS EASY TO PULL ARROWS OUT?

ive been looking at a layered foam glendale. the cheapo ones you get at wally world and k mart are very tough to pull arrows out of. looking for suggestions. ive been spoiled using a bag target but now i want a 3-d deer target that doesnt play tug of war with arrows.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 3-D DEER TARGET THATS EASY TO PULL ARROWS OUT?

You want true ONE-FINGER arrow removal out of a 3-d deer target? Morell's Bionic Buck. Harder to find than some of the ones you mentioned, but WELL worth it!!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:38 PM

have you tried using a lube tube? http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.asp?prod=273294 you can buy one or just make one out of and small tube by putting some regular dish/hand soap or heavy oilin it and having a slit or hole cut in the top to stick the arrow tip into (3'' or so) or just rub some bar soap on the last 3'' of your arrows before shooting a round.

But for the question at hand... I have to agree with Greg / MO the bionic buck is one of the best i've used.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

I'll "third" that Bionic Buck recommendation.

Dan

[/align]
Old 09-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't get a McKenzie.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

get a 3$ puller from wal mart makes it super easy to pull out maybe not as good as a layered target but save alot of $
Old 09-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bought a 3-d deer mackenzie back when they first came out. it lasted like 10 years with monor repairs but was tough to pull arrows out of. i left it outside year round and shot the heck out of it until it loosened up. when that one was destroyed i bought a couple of clearance 30$ cheapo (blue ridge i think) at k-mart and they were tough to pull arrows out of . i dont wanna bother putting goo on my arrows. i used a puller for years. it helps a little but its just some pipe insulation neoprene foam sleeve stuff . it still is a game of tug-o-war. yesterday i bought a layered foam deer from dicks sporting goods. it was 89$ with 10$ off coupon.its made by mackenzie but not as fancy as the glendale. the center is replaceable.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

my dog ripped mine up last year and i shot it for four years before that. i took some
"great stuff" foam filler stuff and filled in the center where the dog finished off the vitals and ive been shooting it hard since last year and the arrows come out of that stuff real easy and has just started to shoot through in one spot. just a quick 4$ fix to get you by until you can get a new one.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i did the patch thing. the foam in the can works great. my target also had a colony of ants living in it. the ears on the deer target for some reason get attacked by the local birds. they pecked of most of it.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

get a 3$ puller from wal mart makes it super easy to pull out maybe not as good as a layered target but save alot of $
AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 3-D DEER TARGET THATS EASY TO PULL ARROWS OUT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.