Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pick My Bow

Old 09-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Pick My Bow

Going to shoot left handed, at 26.5 Draw, and a 55# setting. I've narrowed it down to the Refex Growler or the Bowtech Tomkat. But still open to all options under $650.

I've shot and I'm fime with either bow, but not too sure on the accessories? What about the arrows, sights, and rests? Pro-shop here said to go with the axis arrows. I liked the whiskerbisket too. ???

Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pick My Bow

Well,
Most importantly choose whatever bow feels great to you! I shot a ton of new bows this year. i narrowed it down to the Black Ice and the Drenalin.
I chose the Black Ice because it felt great to me. Supersmooth, and quite. And the guy at the Bowtech/ Diamond dealer wasn't a prick, like the guy at the Hoyt/ Matthews dealer!!!

I use a WB, and I loce it. Will probably never shoot another rest. you won't be dissapointed!
Good luck!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:33 PM

Get the bow that works best for you. A good shooter makes the bow, the bow will not make a good shooter, some bows feel better in your hands, are more forgiving, faster and so on. No one but you can say with is the best for you, both are good bows. Get the one fits your needs. The axis arrow one of the best carbon arrows you can buy.

good luck
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Tomkat only comes in a package deal.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:13 PM

its a SOB to find a bow in stock that will fit me. BPS only had one bow, a Parker Buckshot. It shot good for me, liked the rubber grip. But it was only a 40-50# bow and we had it maxed out at 54#.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:47 PM

IMO, it is bad to shoot a bow over it's recomended max weight even if it can go higher.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: phishook

Going to shoot left handed, at 26.5 Draw, and a 55# setting. I've narrowed it down to the Refex Growler or the Bowtech Tomkat. But still open to all options under $650.

I've shot and I'm fime with either bow, but not too sure on the accessories? What about the arrows, sights, and rests? Pro-shop here said to go with the axis arrows. I liked the whiskerbisket too. ???

Would you be able to sacrifice another $30 and look into a Bowtech Equalizer? I'd at least would test drive one. My bow @ 51lbs, 26" draw does 286fps IBO, according to the birth certificate. I get 232fps with my 383grain hunting arrow.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

I have a TomKat. Nothing bad to say about it.

However, I would love to have an Equalizer.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive used the WB from the day they came out(well not the same day) and its the only rest I will use.Just remember to put a extra dab of glue on the front of your vains,this will save you from dissapointment....other then that its great...forgot make sure you get the right one for your arrows...
Old 09-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Bow has been obtained. Now just waiting for the glue to dry so I can shoot.[:@]

Bowtech Tomkat, 12 goldtips, Scott release, and case$722

Quick Reply: Pick My Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.