Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 BOWTECH HOSTAGE REST&BLAZER VANES >

BOWTECH HOSTAGE REST&BLAZER VANES

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BOWTECH HOSTAGE REST&BLAZER VANES

Old 09-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default BOWTECH HOSTAGE REST&BLAZER VANES

Any one shooting the hostage rest,Bowtech says its better than a whisker bisquit,it is not so,me and two buddies got ares all at the same time,me and one other guy are shooting 2in.Blazer vanes I could not tune it with blazers shooting thruogh it not hardly any tolerance at all,and also my Ics hunter shafts slipped between the bristles about 4 different times,NOT A GOOD THING,and could not hold consistant pattern for nothing with blazers shooting through it will give the rest away before I give up the blazer vanes,my other buddy took his off and put WB.back on and I put my quick tune 2000 back on,bad experiance.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BOWTECH HOSTAGE REST&BLAZER VANES

looks like a cool rest. Is it a clearance issue? Are the blazers too big or do they have a twist?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:37 AM

I'm using a Hostage and blazers and not having any problems. I was worried about clearance at first, but it's not an issue. Maybe I'm using thinner shafts? I'm shooting Carbon Express Maxima 250s, which are .289" shafts.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 AM
bigcountry

I am thinkin of getting the hostage for my new commander but I shoot skinny .271" edge CX arrow, and concerned that those might be too skinny and I would get fletch contact?

Old 09-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot FMJ 340's through mine fletched with Blazers and I have no issues at all.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: rdy2hnt

I shoot FMJ 340's through mine fletched with Blazers and I have no issues at all.
Just talked to bowtech. They said anything under .290 could have issues. So I guess I will wait until they come out with a new version for that with spacers.