Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hoyt magnatech

Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default hoyt magnatech

i'm currently lookin for a new or usedbow for $400 or less and found a used hoyt magnatech and am consiering buyin it. it looks decent but was wandering if anyone knew anything about them. any help would be appreciated. thanx

Old 09-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hoyt magnatech

I bought a new magnatech 2002 and I love it. What type of limbs? They made 2 different types that year with a cam and a half. My cousin bought one after he shot mine and and so did a friend of mine. That's how I learned about them, from a friend, I shot his.The magnatech is a medium priced bow with great accuracy. I think you'll be pleased with it. Good luck.

Spudrow fom Mo

PS. I would definately buy another one.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

it's a 2005 split limb. 38.5 axle to axle. it doesn't say any thing about how fast it shoots though. i have a cheaper, olderbrowning and have shot deer (10-20yds)but i jus now found out it aint very fast. it bounced off my buddy's target at 30 yards!!! so speed is a big priority right now.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to have a magnatec. Very nice bow for the money. It spits them good.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Spike

Slayer,

I have the Hoyt bow specs for the past 6 years and may be able to help you.

Hoyt made the MagnaTec in 2002 and 2003 with axle-axle lengths of 35.5"to 37.5" depending on the cams and limbs it had (ZR200 or XT2000) In 2004 and 2005, the name of this bow was changed to UltraMag, with an axle-axle length of 36" and XT2000 limbs. If you can identify the year, cams and limbs, I can give you the published IBO speed.

With that said, I still have the MagnaTec that I purchased in 2002 and it has been a very good shooting bow for me. If you are paying $400 forthis bow without accessories, I'd say you are paying more than the bow would normally sell for. Feel free to PM me for if you need more information. Good Luck
Old 09-08-2007, 01:23 PM

I have an 02 ZR200 limb Magnatec and I love it. It's quiet, no concernable handshock, very accurate and just very ergonomic to me. Next year I'll get a new Hoyt at some point but only b/c I want one, the Magnatec is still kickin' it good.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Spike

How heavy are these bows? Thank you very much, Trott
Old 01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: North4

Slayer,

I have the Hoyt bow specs for the past 6 years and may be able to help you.

Hoyt made the MagnaTec in 2002 and 2003 with axle-axle lengths of 35.5"to 37.5" depending on the cams and limbs it had (ZR200 or XT2000) In 2004 and 2005, the name of this bow was changed to UltraMag, with an axle-axle length of 36" and XT2000 limbs. If you can identify the year, cams and limbs, I can give you the published IBO speed.

With that said, I still have the MagnaTec that I purchased in 2002 and it has been a very good shooting bow for me. If you are paying $400 forthis bow without accessories, I'd say you are paying more than the bow would normally sell for. Feel free to PM me for if you need more information. Good Luck
Very nice North4. Kudos,

The MagnaTec was the lower end for price in those years line of bows. The bow had/has a magnesium riser which tends to be heavier than the machined aluminum risers which gave them their cheaper price. Same limbs and cams of the higher end Hoyts in those days.

Today that bow wouldn't be worth more than $200 bare bow if not less. For $400 you can buy a higher end used bow which may out perform the Magnatec. They were/are a fantastic bow but made for the less expensive archer. Again, watch the price.

Also, the XT2000 limb model is superior to the ZR200 limb configuration, something else to think about.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Uh, yeah...If you are paying 4 bills for a Magnatec, you're getting screwed, big time! That bow was dropped to the Reflex line as the......Excursion, I believe, and BRAND NEW was under 400.....

I don't think I would give over $150 bare bow, butif the price is right you'll have yourself a very fine shooting bow indeed.

No, that may be incorrect....now that I think about it, the MT Sport may be the Excursion...yes, yes I believe it is.....Anyway, I still wouldn't give over $150 for a magnatec.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Spike

I purchased a used Magnatech (ZR200 limbs) on ebay for $175 almost 4 years ago and used it for the past 3 seasons. It came with a few accessories (prong rest, etc), but they were all replaced, so it was essentially a "bare bow".

I have been very pleased with it and plan to continue to use it indefinitely. I am sure that the new parallel limb bows are better, but not enough better to shell out $600 plus to get one when the Magnatech is working just fine. Besides, I don't know if a new parallel limb bow will fit into the bow holder cast into my Lone Wolf platform (anyone know about this?).

Quick Reply: hoyt magnatech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.