Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Fixed Broadhead

Old 08-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Spike

Default Best Fixed Broadhead

I'm looking for the best fixed broadhead overall. I'm not interested in mechanicals, heard to many failiure storys and they been using fixed for years and they worked way change a good thing ??

Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 PM

Default RE: Best Fixed Broadhead

My vote goes to the G5 Montec. It's machined from one solid piece ofsteel and is rock solid. I used to use Muzzys but the soft aluminum centerbends too easily. I had to buya concentricity gauge and straighten them out regularly to keep them from corkscrewing.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

The montec is foolproof being all 1 piece but I like the long slope of the razorcaps and the fact that all 3 blades are welded together making it a 1 piece replaceable blade head and they fly straight too.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Slick Trick is IMHO the absolute best fixed blade broadhead currently made.

There isn't another fixed blade heade made that combines the strength, flight characteristics, blade sharpness, and total cutting ability into a single broadhead like a Slick Trick.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would honestly say they are quite a few broadheads that will qualify well today.
NAP Hell razors, Maniac, Muzzy's, Magnus stingers, Steelforce Phat heads (a very thick blade), Slick Trick, to name a few.
I can't see you going wrong with any. JMHO.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love the Slick Trick's ,but I'm kind of a broadhead buff ,so this season I'm going to try some muzzy's . Past season's I tried Steelforce ,Montec G5's , Thunderhead's,Sonic's and Spitfire's.

nubo
Old 08-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Bigbulls - have you had any experience with the Slick Tricks on elk or Moose?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Only deer so far. But when get back out to Colorado they will still be my broadhead of choice for elk with out question.

My close second choice would be a G5 Striker. Same 100% steel construction, sameGerman blades, and a very good blade retention system with these heads.

Of all the broadheads I have used, tested, and carry in the store these two are my top picks above all others.

Oh, and cinder blocks and steel drums.

So far, in every targetI have shot them into they have out penetrated the competition andin anydestructiontest I hve donethey haveheld up better too.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Spike

I like the thunderheads, sharp right out of the pack and very tough. I have been shooting them for quite a few years and never had a problem .
Old 08-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

I shot the 75g Muzzy last year and I will be shooting the 125g Slick Trick this year. Here are a couple of websites that test broadheads. The testing results make for some good reading.

http://www.american-hunter.com/broadheads/broadhead_test.htm

http://btreviews.proboards57.com/index.cgi?

Enjoy,

HH

Quick Reply: Best Fixed Broadhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.