Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow broke

Old 08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Arrow broke

Have any of you ever seen an arrow break in this spot. I was out shooting at my target and when I released it didn't sound right and my arrow went flying off to the left. When I went to go look at it I found the short piece with the nock about 10 yards in front of the target (target was at 30 yards). Arrows are about 2 years old Beeman ICS 400's.

Tom

Old 08-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow broke

wow...thats a wierd spot for a break....really wierd to me...

only thing i can think of is maybe you hit it there with another arrow and didnt notice. thats about my only guess..

glad to hear you didnt get hurt though...i cant stand seeing pics of a carbon in someones hand

is that a wrap or paint?? just curious...wouldnt make a difference i dont think...
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Its a wrap
Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

That is a crazy spot for an arrow tobreak. Can't say I've ever seen that before.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 PM

When their two years old they will start getting brittle. You probably had a crack under that wrap (could be from an arrow hitting it) And then it finally gave way. Good thing you didn't get hurt.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a first for me as well. I've never seen one break at that spot. Could even have been a manufacturing defect.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's the first time I have seen a break in this area. Another thing very strange is how clean the break is. Most carbon arrow will leave a jagged edge or on an angle with a rough edge. It seems like the arrow was scored. Did you purchase the arrowsalready dipped?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:24 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

FF/EMT, I think it's a good thing you have wraps orthat probably would have been a bad accident. That would havesucked if we had to go looking for another teammate [].
Old 08-29-2007, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are very lucky you didn't get hurt and that the arrow didn't give sooner.
Must have had a weak spot or crack under the wrap.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

The break is very clean, besides 1 little jagged piece itlooks like someone took a hacksaw and cut it. You guys don't know how happy I am that I am not digging carbon fibers out of my hand.

Quick Reply: Arrow broke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.