Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Comfort Zone tree-stands?!?!? >

Comfort Zone tree-stands?!?!?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Comfort Zone tree-stands?!?!?

Old 08-28-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Comfort Zone tree-stands?!?!?

Hi all I just picked up one of these stands from DicksSportinggoods. It is the Sentinel Hang on. I was wondering if anyone else has expirence with these stands. It appears to be a great stand and the safety harness included looks pretty sweet. For 30 bucks you cant beat it! And I also got some Ameristep screw-in tree steps. Anyone use these?
Thanks yall
Old 08-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Comfort Zone tree-stands?!?!?

I bought one of their ladder stands...also from Dick's. It's all set up and seems to be really sturdy. Have not hunted from it yet, but I think I'm going to like it and will probably buy more.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only experience I have with the sentinal hang on stand was bringing one home last week along with some climbing sticks... Hopefully it will get put up tomorrow. Seemed like a good deal for $30. The sticks were $30 for 16 ft. The 4 ft extension was $15. Instead of getting the extension I spent the extra $15 and just got 2 sets.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

I was in there today and almost bought one myself. I did by their "cheap" ladder stand last year and probably sat in it 10 or so days. For the money, I can't complain at all. I even took my 1st ever BP deer out of it! It is tough to bowhunt out of though because the platform is soooo small. The Sentinel shouldn't have that problem.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

There a nice stand a bit small on the deck and ok but not for a long sit i try to have mine on a tree that leans a bit past perpindicular kinda get the lazy boy effect $30 bucks a tough price to beat you can get 3 for 90 bucks and almost have enough for a set of sticks
Old 08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

There climbers weigh a ton and are quite noisey but do feel very sturdy.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

I bought 3 of the older (square) models a few years ago. As said previously they aren't great if you plan to sit all day and they run a little bit small, however you can't beat them for the price. I have all 3 of mine out already and I may go pick up a few more before the season starts. The only thing I will say is that I bought better straps for each stand because I couldn't get them tight enough to the tree with the straps provided. I have also used the step-up tree steps for a while. Never had any problems.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Spike

Default Comfort Zone tree stands - beware!

Originally Posted by SamPAhunter
Hi all I just picked up one of these stands from DicksSportinggoods. It is the Sentinel Hang on. I was wondering if anyone else has expirence with these stands. It appears to be a great stand and the safety harness included looks pretty sweet. For 30 bucks you cant beat it! And I also got some Ameristep screw-in tree steps. Anyone use these?
Thanks yall
I have used a couple of these stands this year and was satisfied with them until one of them, a Beagle model, dumped me out of a tree because the top strap holding it to the tree broke. I'm glad I had a good harness on.

I'd recommend always using an additional strap on these stands and I'll use one on all my stands from this point on.