Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Broad-Heads...which of these 3 >

Broad-Heads...which of these 3

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broad-Heads...which of these 3

Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Default RE: Broad-Heads...which of these 3

Muzzys fo' life
Old 08-24-2007, 10:15 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with either the Muzzy or the G5. I used the 100 gr.Talons last year, and did not care for them at all. (imo) their marketing department isFAR superior to their broadhead.

Muzzy has been the benchmark for yearsand they continue to sell so they must be good, and I have a friend who hunted the G5 last year and swears by them. My personalexperience says stay away from the Talons, but I'm sure they have their following as well; I'm just not sure why I prefer Slick Trick.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just because folks have been using them for years does not mean they are the best broadhead. They are a good head but in the last several years there have been a whole bunch of heads that are definetly better.

The G5 striker is by far a better head than Muzzy or tallons. They tend to fly truer from most peoples bows that try them, are made of 100% steel so they are much muchstronger than a broadhead made of aluminum, The tip is designed to cut on contact, and the blades Lutz German blades and are absolutely, no doubt sharper than Muzzy or tallons.

Of course if you want the best fixed blade head get Slick Tricks.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:39 PM

i got a test striker coming but used muzzy for fox ;asst year and worked great.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Striker is just an imitation of the Wac'em Exit. You might want to check them out too.

They fly great and are extremely tough and sharp.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 PM

Hey passthru, like Longbeard says, why use anything but a Muzzy, you can shoot curbs, probably penetrate steel I beams with the things, and still they are undamaged. I think anyone thatshoots any other brand must just be an idiot. Don't know why every other broadhead company doesn't just close up shop and go home right now. Personally I like the Wac'ems, but occassionally they do need sharpening/straightening and have absolutely no Kryptonite in them, so unlike the muzzy's, can't stop superman in his tracks.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:27 AM
Spike

I bought some muzzys last year and they were all over the target. I just could not get them to group together. So i went and bought some G5 montecs and they were right on the money. I heard the strikers fly just as good. The only issues i have ever heard with g5 broadheads were the sharpness on the montecs. Mine were not very sharp out of the package but hit them on a stone and they are good to go. The strikers are suppose to be razor sharp right out of the box. So if it was me i would get the strikers because of sharpness, flight characterisics, and in my opinion cut on contact broadheads have better penetration. I don't really have any experience with the talons
Old 08-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

I shot the muzzy 3 blade 100gr.there a good broadhead but there not sharp out of the pack you have to touch em up a bit,and I did notice they shot a little to the right of my field points,I went to a magnus stinger buzzcut last year and there razor sharp cut on contact and they fly exactly like my field points and there gauranteed for life,I have never shot the other two,but your bang for the dollar would be the muzzy a six pack of em are under $30.00 and I know a few people shooting them and I have never heard nothing bad
Old 08-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

I'm new to this but I'm using 100 gr Grim Reapers http://grimreaperbroadheads.com/mainpage.html My dealer recommends them because he uses them.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot all three and last year switched to the striker. Flies straight, sharp and leaves a great blood trail. Between the three, it's my recommendation. JMO, best of luck.

Kelly

Quick Reply: Broad-Heads...which of these 3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.