Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rubber Boots?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rubber Boots?

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

I've had the Cabelas' version of the Alpha's for a few years now and love them. The only difference b/t them and the LaCrosse's is the price.
cabelas are heavier and dont fit around ankle like the lacroose.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

I had Rockys and recently changed to lacross. The only reason that I changed was that I was able to get lacrosses and not rockys. I am glad because the lacross insulated boot is the best that I have worn. Would recommend them to anyone. Just my opinion
Old 09-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm leaning towards the Muckboots. Mainly because I like the fact that they list the comfort zone for each boot on their website. It makes it easier to compare the models. Either the Muck Woody Elite or the Muck Woody All-Terrain.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:06 AM

alphaburly's
Old 09-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hoyt82

I had Rockys and recently changed to lacross. The only reason that I changed was that I was able to get lacrosses and not rockys. I am glad because the lacross insulated boot is the best that I have worn. Would recommend them to anyone. Just my opinion
bootbox has best prices too,5 dollars shipping..
call them as they dont keep their site up to date on boots....
Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 PM

another vote for LaCrosse ALPHABURLY SPORT INSULATED boots
Old 09-04-2007, 07:43 AM

Trust me! You don't have to look any further than MUCK. I have the Fieldmaster and the camp shoe. Both are the most comfortable and functional shoe/boots I haveEVER owned. I only wish I had bought stock in this company.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got some 800 gram LaCrosse Alpha Burleys. I love the boots, but after a few years, the upper has a small gash in it. I think it might be because I leave them in a bag inside of my truck, maybe the UV got to them?? Anyway, For the opener I expect some duct tape or a silicone patch for the burleys, and maybe a pair of Muck boots in a couple weeks. I expect to be fairly broke for a while, I'm supposed to be closing on a house in about a week but just heard that might be delayed by another week...
Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

sun/heat ill do a number on rubber..
also never put a bend in rubber, it will crack at that spot over time..

2 things can keep your boots nice..

armoral is good and talcom powder or baby powder ..
heat is worst, keep them cool...
Old 09-05-2007, 07:07 PM

all i know is DONT buy itasca swampwalkers - ive been through 2 prs. in the last year. first pair split right down the back of the boot, and the sole is falling off the second pair

Quick Reply: Rubber Boots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.