Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

spot-hogg whammy

Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 PM

Default spot-hogg whammy

i just bought a spot hogg whammy and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with them at all. i like the video on their website. it is a spring loaded drop away rest. it snaps away from the arrow 5x faster than others. i like it alot and it has my bow shooting quieter. look at the website its amazing.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: spot-hogg whammy

I have one fitted to my bow now just about 4-months and all seems good so far. However I am still disappointed with the sound you get when drawing the bow, fromthe arrow drag on the launcher arms. I've alsonoticed using the same arrows for a while tends to reduce the sound as the arrow are being polished everytime the bow is drawn. But when switching to a newer arrow the 'sound' appears AGAIN!!
I know this can be silenced using moleskin, but thenI'll have to readjust my nocking position and my launcher arm level with the burger button--something I'm reluctant on doing right now.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:21 PM

where i bought mine they told me to put a kevlar tube over the ti[ they sell they and they are completly silent from what he said. i think they cost around 7-8 dollars. i am going to get them tomorrow because they were out of stock. i will let you know how they do.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one all rigged on my target bow and really like it. I want containment on my hunting bow so I went with the QAD for that. Same problem with noise at drawing too. If they makea containment version and fix that noise I will have a new rest for my hunting bow next year.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

When I target shoot I don't worry about the noise. But, when hunting I will take a little of the wifes finger nail polish and apply a thin coat over the launcher works great. Doesn't bother arrow flight and no adjustment with nock point, will silence the noise.