Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Morrell Yellow Jacket Broadhead target >

Morrell Yellow Jacket Broadhead target

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Morrell Yellow Jacket Broadhead target

Old 07-23-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Morrell Yellow Jacket Broadhead target

I just bought one this past Saturday and like it so far. I had read at least a person or two complain that pulling broadheads out was really tough, but I have not yet found it too be overly tough.
Question, how many shots/how long do others think this target will last me?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Morrell Yellow Jacket Broadhead target

I have one and it has lasted since last year, probably a few hundred shots at least. Personaly Im not impressed with it. Seems like they just stuff it with leftovers, plastic, cardboard ext. Think I would go with something more along the lines of the block, or the solid cube targets.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:28 PM

I'm not sure they will last longer than a Block - they just cost less. And for the amount I shoot broadheads, the concept of having an "eternity" type bag target for field points and a specialized broadhead target for pre hunting season tuning makes sense. My Block 4X4 is has had hundreds of broadheads through it and thousands of field points. It has a couple of fist size holes where I shoot the broadheads into it - and it is getting to the point where occasionally an arrow will poke out the other side. So far I haven't had one actually pass through. When it is gone, I will probably get a Morrell Yellow Jacket Broadhead target and just save it for broadhead practice. The Morrell field point bag target is still goingafter more than ten years of use.

After the target gets a few thousand field points through it, the arrow will pull out with moderate force.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red if you happen to shoot muzzys USE your practice head you will really save the life of the yellow jacket with these heads! To answer your question me and a buddy split on one last year and shot it all year with field tips(4000-5000)arrows, and shot prob close to (800-1000) times with broadheads and we are using this target right now and will prob last til end of next year! I am really impressed with the taget!!

PS..... do not put your shoulder through the hell of pulling out field tips out of this target! We actualy soaped our arrows down with field tips on last year to shoot into the yellow jacket!
Old 07-24-2007, 07:32 AM

I've had one of these targets for a couple years and love it. It is much easier pulling arrows out of this then a block in my opinion. I shoot about 50 arrows a day from spring through archery season and mine is still in good shape. should last you a while.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I got the target only for broadheads, as I have a bag target and a black hole for field points.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:59 PM

I have a Yellow Jacket..I'll never buy another,mine hasn't taken very many shots..go to youtube and search broadhead targethope link works)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOSIRk2LiY

Amercan Whitetail Targets (also sold under several other sub names,like Cabela's MDL Broadhead Target ) these look like a better target for the same price as the Yellow Jacket
Old 08-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: WhitetailObsession

I've had one of these targets for a couple years and love it. It is much easier pulling arrows out of this then a block in my opinion. I shoot about 50 arrows a day from spring through archery season and mine is still in good shape. should last you a while.

You shoot 50 arrows a day for 2 years at about 6 months per year. Lets do the math: 50x180x2=18000 arrows into the target....and still in good shape?

Seriously, this is the kind of crap that makes no sense. How does it hold up so well when part of the target is a cardboard box inside of it. It is scrap foam that they get and wrap with a flimsy plastic wrap. First shot out of a 260fps and my BH was sticking out the back. It lasted me one day and your telling me it lasts 2 years shooting 50 BHs into everday.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:46 PM

i have the cube and it lasted or has lasted 5 years so far!!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Spike

I have had one for about two years aswell I love it. It is a very durable target. Got mine on sale at Gander Mountain for $25 dollars. It is kinda tough to pull field points out of but like it says it is a broad head target. Highly recommended way outlasts the Block targets my buddies have had.

Quick Reply: Morrell Yellow Jacket Broadhead target

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.