HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Wasp boss bullet sst's (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/198250-wasp-boss-bullet-ssts.html)

mac87toy 07-18-2007 09:11 PM

Wasp boss bullet sst's

Has anyone had any experince with these heads. They fly awsome out of my bow and i think theyare purfect for antalope/deer size game but are they strong enough for elk and bear. Any help would be appricieated.

passthru79 07-19-2007 04:57 PM

RE: Wasp boss bullet sst's

I shot the older boss bullets, I think they are the exact same just not vented blades. I was shooting the 75 grain ones and at 20 yards it shot thru both sides of a 55 gal. steel drum. The tip was slightly flattened at the nose and the blades were dinged up pretty good but it held together and seemed to do fine. The only thing about that head that I wasnt impressed with was the blood trails. Even on good double lung hits the deer I shot just didnt leave much blood, I dont know if its cause of having only a 1 inch cut or because the blades are at such a steep angle they more or less chop thru the deer instead of slice.

maytom 07-19-2007 11:13 PM

Trying to decide on these or Slick tricks for this comming season!!
From what I've read, the wasp's are awesome!!
;)

mac87toy 07-20-2007 11:18 AM

I really like them. they fly awsome out of my bow. I am just worried about there durabulity with heavy bone and muscle.

Stinky 08-07-2007 01:41 PM

They are the best fixed head out there. I have used thunder heads, muzzy, Cabelas and the SST Boss fly the best and they KILL QUICK.

tkstae 08-07-2007 03:25 PM

I've used both, and taken deer with both. There bothtop notch heads I'm using the Wasp this year because there half the price of Slick Tricks, Iand I end up losing quite a few on Turkey

Stinky 08-07-2007 06:19 PM

I also forgot to mention, you get 6 heads for the price of 3 of other brands. Also they sell inexspensive replacement blades for them . I use last years blades for practice and get new ones for the season.

Squirreldog 08-07-2007 07:19 PM

I shot several hogs with the old ones last year, (NON VENTED BLADES) and they killled very quickly, however there wasnt just bucket loads of blood but enoph to follow and they held up good especially the trocar tip. The blades were dented pretty good though which I think a hog is a pretty tuff skinned animal and bones are pretty tuff also and a 100 pound hog is pretty thick.
I got pass throughs on all of them. I cant answer you about bear or elk cause we dont have them here. But I hope this helps.