Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

RAGE Broadheads

Old 07-13-2007, 01:56 PM

Default RAGE Broadheads

does anybody use these three bladed or two bladed? does everybody like them? going to try them this year. good or bad input would be helpful. the biggest question i have is, i shoot 75 grain and these are 100 grain, i heard at 20 yards there won't be a difference but at 30 yards ill notice a difference is this true?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:05 PM

Default RE: RAGE Broadheads

I have but one complaint. They say "No O rings needed" but they do have one, and it is needed. But they call it a shock absorber, and good luck when you need to replace that bad boy........I've got a brand new pack at home that had one of them cut when I took it out of the package.....It seems to me you have to disassemble the BH to get a new band on it.....[:@]
Old 07-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never even looked at one, but from reading your post Mobow... have you tried the little rubber bands orthodontists give away? I used them all the time when I shot Rocket Aerheads with great results, and like I said, they're free.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:29 PM

Wouldn't work. They don't go around the blades like others, such as Rockets, do. They aren't actually a retention ring, they are at the base of the blades....Kind of hard to explain, but the tip of the blade, when it's folded into the ferrule, has a small......finger on it and while they are completely enclosed, this ring keeps them from falling out and deploying the blades......The rings on the Rage are fairly thick, much thicker than one of the ortho bands.....

I didn't explain that very well, it's much easier to understand if you see it...
Old 07-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Go with the 2-blade if you decide to use them. The three blade have weak ferules due to the machining. They are a devastating head though. Very good performance and I didn't experience any problems with the bands(breaking or replacing them).

I have shot a couple of deer and a hog with them. The performance was outstanding, except, on the hog I had 2 ferules break when they hit bone on the far side of the pig. I don't think that would be an issue with the 2-blade.If you look at the two heads the amount of material machined out for the blade grooves is substantially larger for the 3-blade.I wouldn't hesitate to use the 2-blade though.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:25 PM

I've always used fixed blade broadheads while everyone I hunted with was using mechanicals. One late season hunt last year we were getting ready to go out and my buddy slippeda 2 blade Rageon my arrow and told me to just try it, I said what the heck we are on a doe mission anyway. Long story short I shot a good size doe she died within 40 yards blood everywhere and I don't think I will be shooting anything else for a while. They arewith out a doubtthe most devistating broadhead I've ever shot.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I switched to 3 blade rage broadheads,I have experienced complete pass thrus on everything up to and including HUGE canadian whitetails and every single head of game has dropped within sight.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

I had thought about using them this year,im interested in the results
Old 07-18-2007, 02:42 PM

I purchased the 2 Blade rage expandables this year and am pumped to use them! Judging by what i've seen on tv and the damage they do I had to buy some. One thing about the O-ring's is that once i run out of them, instead of buying them is is use the little rubber band that i got when i had braces. they are the same thing. If u know somebody with braces just get some from them.....thye have worked fine for me.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up some Rocky Mountain Snyper's a couple of season's ago, and I didn't care for the flimsy way those heads went together. The small rubber bands kept comming off while up in my stand, and then try to get that small rubber band back on over that razor tip!! My cousin shoots the Rage heads and loves them, but they remind me of those Snypers!!
I have to admit, I'm now leaning on going back to fixed bladed heads for this season for that very reason!!

Quick Reply: RAGE Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.