Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 bowtech commander or gardian >

bowtech commander or gardian

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech commander or gardian

Old 06-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default bowtech commander or gardian

thinking of buing a new bow,leaning oward the commander or gardian,does anyone have any sound advice for me.[:@]
Old 06-30-2007, 07:15 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: bowtech commander or gardian

Commander is longer ATA and very forgiving. The Guardian is shorter ATA and not. I am faced with the same decision. Give up a few inches or not.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot them both, plus any other bow you can get your hands on, and then decide for yourself which one strikes your fancy more.

The commander will be a little more stable. However, I haven't found any problems shooting my Ally out to 60 yds at 33.25" ATA and I took 2 years off from shooting.

I was leery of the short ATA bows but after shooting for 5 months don't have a problem with them at all. Practice as much as you can and work on yourgrip, release and formand even the shorter bow will shoot great.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

yea thats my issue i like a bow with a longer ata,but the commander may be a little to long.i shoot a mathews feather max now,but i want to change and i think i want a longer bow wich is more forgiving is the commander and gardian dependable,smooth quiet,and trouble free?
Old 06-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

hey bigcountry have u shot any one of these bowsor know someone who has?i'm going to go shoot one next week,we don't have many bowtech dealers around here.but they sure make a lt of sense on paper.i read a good review on the gardian in bowhunting mag. well i'll let u know how it goes.i will know as soon as i pick it up if i like it.it has to feel good in my hand if u know what i mean.[8D]
Old 06-30-2007, 07:52 PM

i have a commander but i would have got the gardian if my draw was not 31 1/2" but very happy with the commander and also the switchback ld
Old 07-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

yea i'm think either going to get a bowtech or switchback. i shot the switchback and it shoots great,now i want to shoot the commander and gardian.i've been shooting the mathews feather max for about 10 years now and still luv it,but i just want a change.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:55 AM

the switchback is easy on the draw but the commmander is better on the shot to me any way.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:27 PM

Just got my commander yesterday. It's an AMAZING bow! But make sure you shoot more than just the commander. I shot the Allegiance as well but I have a very large wingspan so I needed the bigger draw. Get a lineup of about 3-4 bows that you really like or more and go shoot them. Because every body is different and what feels good to me might now feel good to you or anyone else.
Good Luck either way you cant go wrong with a Bowtech
Old 07-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

SAM thanks for the feedback.I will be going to shoot the commander and the gardian tuesday.I've shoot the switchback,hoyt vectrix,pse firestorm and x force.I want to shoot the bowtechs because i like a bow with a straight riser and longer brace height,also like the idea of a bow with a longer ata lenght which are becomming harder to find.I shoot the mathews feather max which i believe is 36 ata maybe a 34 someone correct me if I'm wrong.Alot of it depends on how well the bow feels in my hands and how well it aims.SAM is the commander smooth and quiet with little handshock?

Quick Reply: bowtech commander or gardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.