Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech Gaurdian

Old 06-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Banned

Default RE: Bowtech Gaurdian

ORIGINAL: GoGoGadgetGuardian
I have it set at 71# and 28" dl. i am shooting 26"maxima hunters 350's and I am getting 274 fps.
I have a Guardian and I just traded my 70# Vectrix as these forums have taught me that 70# in a modern efficient compound bow is not necessary. My stats prove it: My 29" Guardian is peaked and registered 62# on the bow scale. My A/C/C hunting arrow setup with a 100 grain head weighs 394 grains. I averaged 273 fps through a $600 chrono at Buck Hollow Sports in Pella, IA.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Spike

I tried the guardian out butended up with the hoyt vectrix. The only thing i believe the guardian has over the vectrix is it maybe a hair quieter. My buddy and i went to look at bows yesterday and he was really leaning towards a bowtech. I brought my vectrix along for a side by side comparison with the guardian and the allegiance. He shot all three bows and our next trip was to the hoyt dealer to put money down on a vectrix. But everyone has a different feel and opinion. Shoot them all and decide.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I liked my Guardian so much I just ordered another one last week. This one is going to get Tricked out
Old 06-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

My lefty Guardian turned up yesterday

Got a 50lb model cause I have not left handed for a long time

But if the numbers I have worked out are right I should be shooting that baby at about 275/280fps

Just have to get a sight for it and I am off and running
Old 06-15-2007, 05:32 PM

I am left handed also. And shooting a hoyt razortech. I might give it another year or so then see wut comes out. I may buy commander yet tho. I have heard some good things about them and I trust Bowtech.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

RB

The Commander is my primary 3d bow and it is a real sweet shooter but it is a right hander
Old 06-16-2007, 07:41 AM

You shoot both ways[&:]???? What is your dominent eye ausie-guy? I started shooting right handed at first but that was because I didn't know any better. Once I figured out why I was shooting so poorly with my less dominent eye, I traded that right hand bow for a lefty. Then I started shooting real tight groups. Been shooting left handed ever since.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I can shoot both waysmatter of fact I can play most sports either left or right handed which helped me out a lot on the golf course

I am right eye dominent
Old 06-16-2007, 10:11 AM

ausie

dont you have a black ice too? how (besides speed) do the guardian and the black ice compare. hand shock, noise, and smoothness??
Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nknute

ausie

dont you have a black ice too? how (besides speed) do the guardian and the black ice compare. hand shock, noise, and smoothness??
Yep I have a Black Ice as well

Have not shot the Guardian as yet, am still waiting for the sight to turn up was hoping it would have come Thursday so I could get her set up for tonights hog hunt.

So I will just have to use the Black Ice tonight

But I am sure with the Binary cams it will have a slightly stouter draw than the Black Ice even thoithas 10lb less draw weight than the Black Ice plus the fact I have not shot a left handed bow in a long time so I will have to build up the drawing muscles.

The grips are very simular so no real big difference there as for hand shock and noise I will have to get to ya on that.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Gaurdian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.