Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

mathews switchback xt

Old 06-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mathews switchback xt

i love my firestormbut my God i wish i had a Switchback XT...i picked it up one time and fell in love with it..just cant really afford it.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

bow 66,

If you have not bought the WB yet, you might want to look at a drop away called the Ultra Rest by Quality Archery Design. Have it on my switchback XT and would not have any other. My feeling is that when my arrow is traveling, I do not want anything touching my arrow when it's shot. Personal preference plays a big part I know, but it was recomended to me and hope you at least would take a look at it.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 AM

I HAVE A WISKER!! I LOVE IT!!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might consider a qad ultra rest,that's my choice now. The wb used to be my "go to" rest,but after trying qad,now it's my go to rest. I havn't seen a quiver better allround than alpine softloc.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: bow 66

just to let you know i finaly bought my new mathews switchback xt. i shot the black ice and browning illusion,justice, pse brute,holt lazer,fred bear elementand a couple of others . but found that the xt fit me the best. I was thinking any sugestions on whisker or drop away rest. and what sights i sould use . thank you.
Did you shoot the Drenalin? I'm curious how you thought it shot in comparison.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Spike

no i have not shot the Drenalin.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Spike

I have shot the drenalin, sb xt, sb, and outback and the smoothest, bow of the all is the regular switchback. The drenalin has nice speed, but a little rocky in the hand, compared to the xt, and switchback maybe because the weight of it. It is quite a bit lighter than the others. But overall the switchback out shoots the xt, and the rest.I have always been a mathews man, you just can't beat the smoothness, but if I wasto buy a new bow right now it would be the new Bowtech. Shot it and I will tell you whatcompared to the drenalin, It edges ahead just a little. Vibration is about the same on both. Blazing fast, at 60 pds,it can out shoot the mathews at 70pds. But it is not smoother than the sb xt or switchback. faster, but not smoother.Also have hada whisker biscuit for the past 8 years would never change, just make sure you always put 2" duravanes with that little extra glue on the front. Works perfect, doen't affect arrow flight.