Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Arch Rival and Silent Solution Arrow Rests >

Arch Rival and Silent Solution Arrow Rests

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arch Rival and Silent Solution Arrow Rests

Old 12-20-2002, 09:02 PM
pup

Default Arch Rival and Silent Solution Arrow Rests

any of you ever use this rest? is it any good?

small but deadly
Old 12-21-2002, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Arch Rival and Silent Solution Arrow Rests

I owned one, and I took it back. While it was not a complete peice of crap, I was not overly impressed with it. I don't see where it was any quieter than a prong rest, or where it worked any better. It does look cool though.

My biggest concern was it didn't seem very strong, I didn't like the way it adjusted, and I kept throwing off the O-rings on the wheels. I took it back and got a Quicktune 3000. I liked it much better. If you can get it someplace that has a good return policey, get one and see how you like it. I was shooting the tapered Nitro stingers, that may have been part of my problem. I thought about getting another one just to see how it worked with my aluminums. Like I said, it did look cool, chrome would have been even better. I honestly think the quicktune or one of the GFK's would be better for the money. It is not that hard to make a prong rest quiet. Or you could go with one of the drop aways.

Like I said, I am not going to sit here and trash the thing, because it was built well and is a neat concept. I just didn't have very much luck with it. And besides I like the micro adjust rests better anyway.

Good luck,

Paul
Old 12-23-2002, 12:28 PM
pup

Default RE: Arch Rival and Silent Solution Arrow Rests

i actually have one someone gave to me but it wont work on my hoyt so i was just wondering what everyone though of it..

small but deadly