HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Copper John Dead Nuts Pro hunter 2 sight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/192366-copper-john-dead-nuts-pro-hunter-2-sight.html)

shed33 05-24-2007 09:36 AM

Copper John Dead Nuts Pro hunter 2 sight

Well for what its worth, I hooked up with a good friend whom just started working at the new Sportsmans in CDA.

He let me compare and contrast as many sights as I wanted too under extreme lowlight conditions in the back room.

Hands down for a wrapped sight without any "LIGHTS" which are illegal in Idaho...

The new Copper John pro 2 was amazing... Not only is it killer in low light, its simple and durable in design. I bought it on the spot! This will be a great GROUND BLIND SIGHT FOR US GUYS THAT CAN'T use lighted sights.

passthru79 05-24-2007 04:37 PM

RE: Copper John Dead Nuts Pro hunter 2 sight

Ive got the dead nuts 2 competition, and they are extremely bright and I love the micro adjust. I bought two sets of vital bow gear triangle sights before the copper johns came out. I like them but kinda wish I had waited for the copper johns.

TerryM 05-24-2007 08:41 PM

That Copper John impresses me. Are they expensive?

Rick James 05-25-2007 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: TerryM

That Copper John impresses me. Are they expensive?
Depends, there are several different models of the DN2.

I have their highest end comp sight almost brand new for sale right now for $125, it is like the one that Shed has above but an adjustable slide bar on it too. They normally retail for $165.

IL-Cornfed 05-25-2007 08:52 AM

I agree, an excellent super bright sight and even better by it's VERY affordbale price!

A question for ya, were you able to compare it to the new Hogg-wrap Spot Hogg models???

Rick James 05-25-2007 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I agree, an excellent super bright sight and even better by it's VERY affordbale price!

A question for ya, were you able to compare it to the new Hogg-wrap Spot Hogg models???
I have seen both. They are both ridiculously bright, about the same honestly. Much brighter than I can imagine anyone ever needing. Only situation I can imagine needing a sight that bright for is ground blind hunting justat legal hunting light.

shed33 05-25-2007 11:59 AM

I paid 84.00

IL, I didnt test it againts the spott hogg.. nope..

passthru79 05-25-2007 05:04 PM

Just curious Rick, why are you selling your DN2 Comp.

shed33 05-29-2007 09:59 AM

went back to the shop the other day to get thelist of wrappedsights I compared the CJ-p2 too..

So we did it again... in theextreme lowlight the CJ was the only sight of the 5 that all the pins red,green,yellow shined brightly. Still amazed at this sight. After shooting my bow all weekend I am very satisified.

wrapped...true glow, toxonics, montana golds radiant and flashpoint, copper J

Rick James 05-29-2007 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: passthru79

Just curious Rick, why are you selling your DN2 Comp.
It's too bright for serious 3D work and I need the $$$ right now for my food plot projects, as well as plane tickets for the HNI get together.