Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Parrel Limb Bow Case

Old 05-31-2007, 05:37 PM

Default RE: Parrel Limb Bow Case

ORIGINAL: bslugnut

I have been researching this as well and have decided on Kalispel. They range from 43" - 52" long, call themfor their sizes. SKB will only hold a dozen arrows where Kalispel holds 2 dozen. http://www.kalispelcaseline.com/Pg/HuntingCase.asp First they are all metal, which will handle the airlines a lot better than plastic. Why do you think they that cargo containers are aluminum and not plastic? Especially, when plastic is chaeaper. I used to be a freight forwarder, so I speak from experience. I am trying to decide if I want a single or a double case. You can find a great price online here http://www.exploreproducts.com/kalispel-bow-case-parallel-limb-bc431606.htmor if you ar going through VA, try Old Dominion Sports Center / 540-667-4867

BSLugnut
I have seen this case. These were my thoughts before flying on my hunting trip.....

I do like the solid metal construction but I think the arrow holderis a bit rediculous,this case utilizes space very poorly and the locks are poorly constructed.

The arrow holder is foam and they are showing the case holdingarrows with broadheads on them in the center of the case? So one bump on the plane ride to your destination releases that arrow from the foam onto your bow string and POW! Your hunt is over with! Even with field tips that can happen. Realistically nobody carries arrows like this unless you hunt using a walmart $20 case so why integrate this design into a $250 case? Also, the arrow holder is right in the middle of the case. Not smart if you ask me. I like to pack a lot of soft gear in with my bow for added support. The arrow holder (if any) should be moved to one side or the other so the archer can have one large pocket rather than 2 smaller ones to hold gear.

I bought a double bow case and can fit my plano bow max case inside the SKB case. The SKB can hold tons of arrows, well more than a dozen.

My best advice is to see everything in person before you buy. Take in all your gear and sit down with the case like you were going on a long trip that afternoon. See what works and what doesn't.

FYI: When I flew last year November, Northwest Airlines out of BWI was not allowing cases to be padalocked shut. They had to lock internally. Why? I asked and the lady said for "security reasons".
Old 05-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another issue with the foam holders is that the glue weakens over time and the arrow weight pulls the whole strip down. It's the way my old cheap hard plastic Plano case was made. Always reattaching the foam strip.

There's also no room in that case for anything but your bow and arrows. When I buy a new hard case I'm probably going with the SKB.

As for MDBUCKHUNTER;

Lee, You can't give Josh a compliment like that. His head will swell even more.
This may be the first intelligent post he's made since I've known him!!!
j/k Josh It needs to be Saturday so we can head to LAS!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:00 PM

Don't make me leave you in Lancaster this weekend! It's a long Amish buggy ride back to Baltimore! lol
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I'll meet a nice Amish girl on my buggy ride.

I'll have to look at their SKB cases. You are a bad influence on my archery budget. Or lack of archery budget.

Ilooked at the SKB Freedom at Gander Mt a while back and really thought it was not well made. Not for the price they want.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 PM

SKB is top of the line. Worth every penny.

Dave....don't you need a grain scale as well? Can't make your own arrows without balancing them first?

And no....you can't weigh yourself on the bathroom scale, step off, grab an arrow, jump back on and record the difference.

lol
Old 06-02-2007, 06:33 PM

I have a SKB compact case #5000 I think and I keep two dozen arrows, two release's along with all my other junk in there and have taken it all over. The only damage I have incurred is the outside of the case gets scratched up a little.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I Agree with the majority, SKB makes a nice case. I like my 4114 and freedom case both, but when I fly I would opt for the 4114
Old 06-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't like the freedom case by SKB. We ordered a bunch of them last fall for the shop I work/shoot for and 5 of them came to the shop cracked in shipping.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:49 PM

I will have to find a shop that has the 2SKB-4114A casse. As all of the shops that I have called just have the 2SKB-4114 case. The differnece is more than the letter "A",it represents arrow holder. I called SKB to try to find another dealer in my area and asked about the arrow holder capacity as it is not shown, nor mentioned on the website. The rep told me that indeed it's an old picture of the 2SKB-4114 and that the 2SKB-4114A holds 10-12 arrows.

mdbuckhunter, do you have any stores close to you that carry 2SKB-4114A case? I am trying to not to drive 90 mins one way to look a bowcase and not work. Also, on the Kalispel case, was there anything else that you didn't like about it?

BSLugnut
Old 06-08-2007, 06:14 PM

I purchased my SKBfrom Lancaster Archery Supply. Call and see if they have them in stock before making a trip.

Cabelas in PA carries SKB.

Bass Pro in Columbia, MD also carries SKB.

Best of luck!