HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/191263-review-summits-hot-dot-sight.html)

bloodcrick 05-13-2007 08:55 AM

RE: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

WOW thats amazing. i cant believe how things just keep getting better. What will they come up with next. beautiful home by the way Greg!

Diesel77 05-13-2007 01:07 PM

Good write up. Ive been priasing pendulums for years that have a lock on them for ground shooting and unlocking them for tree stands. Like the TR Mantis. Im interested in trying this one out though. Some people on this site used to give me such a boat load of &^^$# about any sight that had the word pendulum in it. I will always use them for tree stand hunting and this one has some cool features. Thnx

springcaller 05-13-2007 03:13 PM

great review Greg, loved everything about it but didn't love it enough to get rid of my Viper. I just got a Summit 180 tree stand and the clibing stirrups are very rugid, much tougher than I thought they would be after looking at them. Thanks for the time you put into this thing, it really gives us an idea of the technology and how good it is.

Greg / MO 05-13-2007 10:44 PM

Thanks, bloodcreek... We feel blessed to live in the last house in our subdivision... road dead-ends at our house, so not much traffic at all. Woods and golf course behind us.It's going to be an awesome place to raise my two boys, with deer and turkey moving through in the mornings regularly 30 yards away from my bedroom window.:)

gibblet 05-14-2007 05:16 AM

that sounds like a great place to raise a couple boys. i used to live my by a golf course years ago - and my white dog would always come home aqua blue from the die they use on the grass - it was weird.

quiksilver 05-14-2007 07:29 AM

Nice review Greg - I just ordered a fuse pendulum sight for this fall (also will be my first experience with a pendulum sight) - the one that I chose has a "lockdown" mechanism on it (intrepid I think?), and you can just tighten a set-screw and freeze the pendulum in place and use the slider instead.

I just wanted to try something different - and I did give the hot dot a look, but shied away from it after two sub-par experiences with red dot scopes on my turkey gun (got one fullseasonout 2 consecutive bushnell red dot scopes before they started to fritz out in the rain and fall apart). I thought the hot dot looked a little (okay, a lot)on the fragile side.

By the way - nice digs, buddy. Golf, deer and turkeys all from your back patio. Keep it copacetic Chief.

bloodcrick 05-14-2007 09:21 AM

awesome indeed raising your kids in that kind of setting, hows the new one comming along? any sleepless nights yet? :DI miss those days when mine were that young, they grow up to quick[:o]

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Thanks, bloodcreek... We feel blessed to live in the last house in our subdivision... road dead-ends at our house, so not much traffic at all. Woods and golf course behind us.It's going to be an awesome place to raise my two boys, with deer and turkey moving through in the mornings regularly 30 yards away from my bedroom window.:)

LebeauHunter 05-14-2007 02:09 PM

Appreciate this kind of review Greg / MO.

Already settled on nice bow sight, but with all the ad print they had me curious. I think this red dot technology will be improved (enclosed, water proof case, back up battery, etc.), and will likely become more mainstream in the future.

Avalanche 05-14-2007 03:10 PM

Ordered mine Saturday and it was shipped today:). One question for Greg, will this sight eliminate the use of a peep? I thought I read a review somewhere when it was first advertised that it did, but I haven't seen anything since. Great review, thanks for the info.

Germ 05-14-2007 03:20 PM

Greg that is a great review, but why on earth would I need that sight, LOL Just stick a pin on the critter and shoot.

It was a wonderful read;)