Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New to bow hunting

Old 05-08-2007, 11:59 AM
apo

Default New to bow hunting

I would like to get into bow hunting and needinformation ona bow that I found for sale. It is a Browning Summit II NBS. It has an Alpine arrow rest and a Savage sight on it. What would it be worth and would it be a good bow to learn on? I am female so it would have to be adjusted to fit me. Is there another model that you would suggest I learn on or would this one work fine. They only want $65.00 for the whole setup. It also has a quiver on it. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to bow hunting

I couldn't find any information about that bow. Draw length, poundage, etc.

More precise information on the sight and rest would help to to determine if it's worth it.

While the price is great I would recommend either having a friend or family member that shoots help you out.You shouldhave someone that knows what they are doing help you out. Not necessarily a pro shop but someone that can at leastsize you and look at the bow in person and tell you if itworth it. Buying a bow that's not right for you can really put you offof the sport. A friend can give you tips on fingers vs release, shooting form, maintanance, etc.

If you do not have someone to talk to, or even if you do, go to a pro shop and get some help. A good shop will not try to sell you anything and would be able to look atthe bow and let you know if it's right for you. From there they could also help with fit and form. They're looking for a long term relationship as well as making sure that you are heppy and safe.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New to bow hunting

Welcome and good luck,

dave's completely right,go see a pro and ask them first.

grtz