HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   hoyt elite bows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/190249-hoyt-elite-bows.html)

rjh4 05-02-2007 04:56 AM

hoyt elite bows

are the hoyt elite bows rearly the most accurate bows around?
are they noticebly any better to shoot than other hoyt bows,such as the vectrix which i find quite twichy?I have a vectrix but am looking to change it already.i cant shoot all the different bows availible cos our dearlers simply cant carry a big enough range plus the nearest dealer is six hours drive awayso any opinion appreciated.

davepjr71 05-02-2007 06:09 AM

RE: hoyt elite bows

I would think the shooter and the tuning have more to do with how accurate any bow is. If the guy behind the bow isn't good it doesn't matter what you have in your hands.

Roskoe 05-02-2007 03:21 PM

Although obviously no bow is going to be perfect for every shooter, there are apparently a large contingent of 3-D shooters who think the Elite is the one. You really should shoot one before investing that kind of money . . . .

YooperMike 05-02-2007 03:45 PM

There are certainly popular for the target guys. At the shop I go to, the two best guys shoot hoyt, one is an UltraElite, and the other is a 38Pro. The Elite series of bows carries a pretty steep price tag, not sure if it is going to improve you enough to spend that kind of dust on one. I would say try one out, and see if it is the one for you.

mobow 05-02-2007 04:06 PM

are the hoyt elite bows rearly the most accurate bows around?
To be as honest as I know how to be, there are VERY few shooters capable of shooting to the capacity of most of today's bows. The Elite's may have their advantages, true center shot w/ their shoot through risers and all.....But I honestly feel like today's bows are so accurate we can't shoot as good as their potential anyway.

davepjr71 05-02-2007 04:20 PM

I agree with mobowhuntr.

It's kind of like paying for the $1200 barrel for a target rifle and you aren't a good shot to begin with. Sure, you may shoot a hair better but not enough OT make it worth the $1200 barrel.

You are better off buying a normal price good bow and practicing like crazy.

The new bows have such great tolerances that most people will never be able to shoot up to the abilities of the bow. The human machine has flaws that no amount of money can correct.

However, if you really want one go shoot it and if you have the cash enjoy shooting it.

98Redline 05-03-2007 12:49 PM

I will go aganst the grain on this one and say that the Elite bows ARE worth the price tag.

I have shot target archery for a number of years and have cycled through my share of equipment looking for "the one". As compared to my equally equipped ProTec, my ProElite is by far a better bow. More solid at the shot, and more consistent overall.

Switching back and forth between a ProTec and ProElite (as close to apples to apples as you will find), I consistently shot better scores with the ProElite.

For a hunting rig.....no way. Loading a broadhead tipped arrow would be no fun with the shoot thru riser.

redonion 05-03-2007 01:28 PM

Hello--

I would like to add some skepticism regarding the phrase 'most accurate'. I feel that seems like a misleading statement as what works for one person may not work for another. Example, Tiger Woods was criticized in years past by Phil Mikelson for using what Mikelson called 'inferior equipment'. Nike clubswere still somewhat of a new thing back in those days and Mikelsonshot the more established Titetlist brand... Well, Tiger has continued to shoot the clubs and both players have gone on to have good careers. I bring this up as an example that great clubs, like a great bow, are still limited to the ability of those wielding the equipment. While the better shooters might be shooting a certain model or brand, I think it would be callous to think that their skills would be all that much diminished (if at all) by shooting a competitor's model. Lastly, I agree that the tag for the Elte is indeed steep--more so when you consider that you could in fact buy a Reflex Caribou (a Hoyt-like modelsort of similiar to those high end Hoyts) and and still have money to buy a Vetrix, or Drenalin, or whatever bow under $750 that suits your fancy. Again, its not the bows that win those competitions, it still is the shooters who choose what works for themselves. Good Day.

gibblet 05-07-2007 12:40 PM

don't let anybody kid you - the elite series by hoyt are some of the nicest bows ever made - and i don't shoot hoyt.

Elkcrazy8 05-07-2007 05:01 PM

All bows will have virtually the same accuracy level when shot through a machine. It is the forgiveness factor that makes a bow more accurate in ANYONES hands, be it pro or not.

It all depends on how serious you want to get. If it means holding on to a couple of extra points throughout a course, then by all means it is well worth the money.

Yes the shooter makes the shot, but with 2 archers of equal ability onthe line, my money is on the one with the most forgiving equipment. That is where the elite series stands out.

Click this link to see forgiveness ratings.........http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bo...ess-rating.htm

sorry it wont come through as a link, just cut and paste it to your browser.